Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caligastia I've never met any famous players myself.
    I have worked for two years in the same company as Hugues Miorin the famous second row international player of the Stade Toulousain (now playing for Colomiers... ), the largest shoulders of the French Championship. I had good relations with him as he is very kind and open minded (of course, some would reply he is a man whose build commands you not to tell him he is not kind or open minded).

After the second victory of the Stade Toulousain at the Stade de France, once again against the Association Sportive Montferrandaise, he brought the Brennus Shield to its office which gave me the opportunity to see it and raise it. I was like a kid in front of what is, in my own opinion of course, the most beautiful and prestigious trophy in the world.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
      I have worked for two years in the same company as Hugues Miorin the famous second row international player of the Stade Toulousain (now playing for Colomiers... ), the largest shoulders of the French Championship. I had good relations with him as he is very kind and open minded (of course, some would reply he is a man whose build commands you not to tell him he is not kind or open minded).

After the second victory of the Stade Toulousain at the Stade de France, once again against the Association Sportive Montferrandaise, he brought the Brennus Shield to its office which gave me the opportunity to see it and raise it. I was like a kid in front of what is, in my own opinion of course, the most beautiful and prestigious trophy in the world.
      Tamerlin, that's what we call "a brush with fame". In Havak's case, however, it's what we call "toadying".
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• I prefer to call it "networking" myself.
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
          I prefer to call it "networking" myself.
          You and your fecund imagination! I noticed your sig. Did he play on Sunday?
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
            Tamerlin, that's what we call "a brush with fame". In Havak's case, however, it's what we call "toadying".

If I didn't knew you I would think you are biased against Havak.
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• No he just knows I did A Level English in the ancient past and loves me to have to look up words.

My imagination has always been one of my strong points. I used to imagine I was a good player.

Not only did Healey play he got man of the match. Which surprised the hell out of me - I would not have liked to play outside him. Head high balls, foot low balls, wrong kicking options IMHO - the boy is really struggling to find form at the moment.
              It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Not only did Healey play he got man of the match. Which surprised the hell out of me - I would not have liked to play outside him. Head high balls, foot low balls, wrong kicking options IMHO - the boy is really struggling to find form at the moment.
                The "man of the match" award can sometimes be very curious, after the Stade Toulousain - Edinburgh game Frédéric Michalack has been elected MotM while he had not been good at all as a half-scrum though he scored a try.

Comment

• With all due respect I agree that scoring against a Scottish province is not a notable achievement.

Did you notice that Treviso beat Newcastle?

Comment

With all due respect I agree that scoring against a Scottish province is not a notable achievement.

Did you notice that Treviso beat Newcastle?
                    It's very surprising indeed, as Calvisano beating Neath 38 to 29.

Has the "All Blacks" recipe been used ?

Comment

• Keep posting guys, I may have to create the next thread a bit early as I am going on a 3-week trip home to NZ on the 21st. I will probably be able to post here once or twice while I am there, and maybe post a pic or two.

So what do you guys want the title of the new thread to be?
                      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Rugby - Hemisphere Wars

Rugby - Operation Sea Lion

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                          Rugby - Hemisphere Wars

Rugby - Operation Sea Lion

I seem to remember we had some other suggestions derived from cryptic rugby sayings, like "last feet!".

Comment

• It's very surprising indeed, as Calvisano beating Neath 38 to 29.
                            A truly great result that one as it puts Tigers in total charge of their pool.

Jonno has picked his international and young intl players of the year - Wilkinson and McCaw in that order (with a strong mention for the french number eight the the name I would only get wrong if I tried to write it here).

So there you go Caligastia - I always told you Martin was clever.

After the 20th I'll be missing for a fortnight though I will drop by at times.

Title?? Rugby - England are clear at number one

Comment

• Operation Sea Lion was the aborted German invasion of the UK from France.

I've tried to figure it out but Tamerlin will have to tell me what it meant!

Comment

So there you go Caligastia - I always told you Martin was clever.

Title?? Rugby - England are clear at number one
                                How about Rugby - England still #1 in their mind

Comment

Working...
                                X