Journeyman 100-40 = 60
    LDiCesares 141.8
    Mickeyj 143.5
    NeoStar 114
    ravagon 94-30 = 64
    redbull 80
    Tamerlin 62.3-25 = 37.3

Bets placed to date are as follows:

1. England -v- Springboks (Boks 17 1/2 points start)

Andydog 40 - England
    Havak 20 - England
    Journeyman 20 - England
    Tamerlin 20 - England

Bearcat 20 - Springboks
    Caligastia 20 - Springboks
    finbar 10 - Springboks
    ravagon 10 - Springboks

2. Wallabies -v- Italy (Italy 20 1/2 points start)

Bearcats 20 - Wallabies
    Caligastia 20 - Wallabies
    finbar 15 - Wallabies
    Journeyman 20 - Wallabies

Andydog 30 - Italy
    ravagon 10 - Italy

3. Wales -v- All Blacks (Wales 22 1/2 points start)

Andydog 40 - All Blacks
    Caligastia 20 - All Blacks
    Havak 10 - All Blacks
    ravagon 10 - All Blacks

Bearcat 10 - Wales
    finbar 15 - Wales
    Tamerlin 5 - Wales
    Last edited by finbar; November 23, 2002, 19:41.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andydog
      30 gold on Italy dammit. I can hear Finbar s******ing away, he knows full well of my strange inability to back the Wallabies!
      You're not without a chance betting on Italy. The Wallabies have been playing like busted arseh*les for the whole tour and now we've lost Larkham for this match to add to the injury debacle.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Re: Final - I hope! - Betting Update!

Originally posted by finbar
        Bets placed to date are as follows:

1. England -v- Springboks (Boks 17 1/2 points start)

Andydog 40 - England
        Havak 20 - England
        Journeyman 20 - England

Bearcat 20 - Springboks
        Caligastia 20 - Springboks
        finbar 10 - Springboks
        ravagon 10 - Springboks

3. Wales -v- All Blacks (Wales 22 1/2 points start)

Andydog 40 - All Blacks
        Caligastia 20 - All Blacks
        Havak 10 - All Blacks
        ravagon 10 - All Blacks

Bearcat 10 - Wales
        finbar 15 - Wales

You have forgotten the bets I posted yesterday, 20 on England and 5 on wales...
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Dear oh dear, Andydog and ravagon, you were brave to try but what were you all thinking? According to the match report they were scrappy but still rolled them 34-3. Maybe Italy shouldn't have made those 9 changes before the game

The Wallabies are by no means WC favourites (we are ) but they're still kicking. Oh well, now I don't feel as bad they didn't show it.

That after I'd conceded that finbar must have some brains about him to run a tipping comp.
          "Where the internet be free, high technology there be" - Journeyman journeys to Hong Kong Airport

Comment

• Re: Re: Final - I hope! - Betting Update!

Originally posted by Tamerlin
            Sorry, Tamerlin, I've now recorded the bets after the event. My only excuse is that I was so angry about the Italy-Wallabies match not being televised here that I briefly lost my mind!

Comment

• *dances around his winning tickets*

Comment

• Splitting the loot!

The results:

England 53*
                South Africa 3

*Will Havak now stop demanding starts?

Italy 3
                Australia 34

Wales 17
                New Zealand 43*

*So much for the margin being too narrow!

France 35
                Canada 3

Ireland 16
                Argentina 7

The respective winning bets: (including the stake)

1. England -v- South Africa (17 1/2 points start for SA)
                Andydog 64
                Havak 32
                Journeyman 32
                Tamerlin 32

2. Italy -v- Australia (20 1/2 points start for Italy)
                Bearcat 30.5
                Caligastia 31 (*rounded up from 30.6)
                finbar 23
                Journeyman 30.5

3. Wales -v- New Zealand (22 1/2 points start for Wales)
                Andydog 55
                Caligastia 27.5
                Havak 13.75
                ravagon 13.75

Our updated Bank A/c:

Andydog 167.5+119 = 286.5
                Bearcat 50+30.5 = 80.5
                Caligastia 8.5+58.5 = 67
                finbar 33.5+23 = 56.5
                Havak 60.8+45.75 = 106.55
                Journeyman 60+62.5 = 122.5
                LDiCesares 141.8
                Mickeyj 143.5
                NeoStar 114
                ravagon 64+13.75 = 77.75
                redbull 80
                Tamerlin 37.3+32 = 69.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat
                  *dances around his winning tickets*
                  *dances around his winning ticket*

Your bets on Wales and the Springboks let you down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Journeyman
                    That after I'd conceded that finbar must have some brains about him to run a tipping comp.
                    Bloody Foxtel were still listing the telecast of the Italy-Wallabies match on their Programme Guide channel while Channel 11 - the channel supposedly showing the match - was showing some damn international sports round-up. You don't know what this sort of torture can do to a chap's psyche!

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
                      Bloody Foxtel were still listing the telecast of the Italy-Wallabies match on their Programme Guide channel while Channel 11 - the channel supposedly showing the match - was showing some damn international sports round-up. You don't know what this sort of torture can do to a chap's psyche!
                      Bloody Foxtel indeed. When will they learn not to waste our time with baseball, grid iron and other crazy sports that hold no value whatsoever here in Australia? No offence Caligastia

now we've lost Larkham for this match to add to the injury debacle.
                      That poor bugger is always getting injured, tell me who you think would get the honour (curse) of replacing him should it occur in the WC? I can't really decide, of course with England the choice is somewhat clearer.
                      Last edited by Journeyman; November 23, 2002, 23:03.
                      "Where the internet be free, high technology there be" - Journeyman journeys to Hong Kong Airport

Comment

• Originally posted by Journeyman
                        That poor bugger is always getting injured, tell me who you think would get the honour (curse) of replacing him should it occur in the WC? I can't really decide, of course with England the choice is somewhat clearer.
                        Elton Flatley is the back-up on this tour. He's a handy player but nowhere near Larkham's class - OTOH, who is? This is one of the crying shames of Matt Rogers' injury that saw him play one game on the tour. He was going to be tried - amongst other positions - at 5/8. He has the speed, brain and skills to be a class 5/8.

Comment

• I just watched a replay of the Wales -v- All Blacks match. The Welsh did more than acquit themselves well. Their scrum pushed the AB pack around for most of the match resulting in a deserved penalty try in the second half. They had the ball in good attacking position any number of times only to be let by down the Wallaby Syndrome - coughing up the ball. I'm not sure what Iestyn Harris was still doing on the bench well into the second half because when he came on the Welsh backline actually looked dangerous.

The ABs took a 5 point lead into the last 10 minutes and simply blew the Welsh away with 3 converted tries. The AB backline - with Umaga and Howlett in dazzling form - were always threatening but the Welsh defence managed to contain them. Until the last 10 minutes.

BTW, for those who backed the Welsh, the first AB try in the second half involved a massively forward pass that neither the ref nor the linesman - both in perfect position - missed. Ergo, the margin should only have been 19 points. You were dudded. I'd suggest you email the IRB and demand compensation for the Civ Gold you lost.

In closing, having now seen the ABs twice on this tour - I missed the French game - and allowing for the class that will be added to the squad with the addition of the resting players, the ABs have to be very clear favourites for the WRC.

Comment

Elton Flatley is the back-up on this tour. He's a handy player but nowhere near Larkham's class - OTOH, who is?
                            You won't be winning any WC with Flatley, while he

While I was typing Alec Stewart was given out. White, now him. Can't our team even reach the 5th day?

Comment

*dances around his winning ticket*

Your bets on Wales and the Springboks let you down.
                              *mutters something unkind about England and New Zealand*

BTW, for those who backed the Welsh, the first AB try in the second half involved a massively forward pass that neither the ref nor the linesman - both in perfect position - missed. Ergo, the margin should only have been 19 points. You were dudded. I'd suggest you email the IRB and demand compensation for the Civ Gold you lost.
                              Perhaps I will

Comment

• I've now read several reports of the England -v- Springboks match (of which I'm hoping to see a replay tonight). Sounds like the Springboks went the knuckle in their typical fashion, with one of their locks red-carded early in the match. Their coach, for some reason, seems always to want to avoid responsibilty for his team's thuggishness. A couple more red cards might wake him up to himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X