Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entirely Objective I think you'll find.
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
      But 20 on England (I have to have faith?). the mythical 'complete game' tomorrow?
      And 10 on NZ (send 'em crying back to the valleys)
      Gotcha.

Up the jumper rugby = English
      Actually, that was famously done in a Sydney club match - or it might have been a State match, I forget - about 30 years ago.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Aussie inventions?

Prisoner Of Her Majesty In Exile (POHMIE).

More lately twisted into the prefered version of Prisoners Of Her Majesty In England.
        There's much debate about the source of the term "Pommie". That's one of the theories.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Glad you caught my bets. I don;t want to be denied extending my excellent record on losing money.

You realise that if they do the ratings will become meaningless to everyone who isn't an english rugby fan don't you?
          Oh yes - but I'll be in rose-tint-o-vision and isolated from the rest of the world then.

Other team's bodies all over the place = South African
          Excellent!

I kind of expected Finbar to mention Argentinians and gouging?

It's my favourite theory. Gets a lot of response on occassion.
          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

I kind of expected Finbar to mention Argentinians and gouging?
            More ducks and barrels, more ducks and barrels.

Comment

• I'm off to bed now, but ...

There seems to be a school of thought that the margins for the Italy and Wales games could be increased. What is the group consensus? Can you please post your thoughts sometime before - say - 10pm Saturday (my time), which is 6am Saturday Caligastia time, which is 11am Saturday Havak time, and midday Saturday Tamerlin time.

If there is a consensus to change the margins, anyone who has bet on either the Wallabies -v- Italy match and/or the Wales -v- All Blacks match will be free to change their bets if they choose.

Comment

• I'm happy with the margins as they are. If they are changed I will probably change my bets.
                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• I am done betting too.

It remains to be said "Go go go Italiano".

"Wales are a very big challenge, they are at home and they are a proud rugby nation. At times I tend to feel uncomfortable the way people keep putting down Wales. I love the passion Wales offer as a rugby country and it's going to be very difficult for us."
                  - All Black coach JOHN MITCHELL is expecting a tough match for his inexperienced team when they travel to Cardiff to meet Wales on Saturday.
                  Okay so it is all very well being polite about opponents but surely there are common sense limits to it???
                  Last edited by Havak; November 22, 2002, 12:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
                    I'm happy with the margins as they are. If they are changed I will probably change my bets.
                    Okay, you and Havak aren't desperate to change the margins, so that pretty much rules out changing them.

But I've just discovered there will be no TV coverage of the Wallabies -v- Italy match tonight!

Comment

• I would have liked the Aus-Ita margin increased, but not to the extent that somebody else changes their bet. Leave it where it is (Rather favourable at present, for me anyway. Now if only I could persuade Andydog to back the Wals as well ... )
                      I guess it remains to be seen whether the Italians take their inspiration from the 82' World Cup win in Spain (I won't say which sport ) or the second WW invasion of Greece

But I've just discovered there will be no TV coverage of the Wallabies -v- Italy match tonight!
                      Damn. I could've sworn it was sceduled in another of the late-night slots but an online site I just checked doesn't show anything either ...

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar

Okay, you and Havak aren't desperate to change the margins, so that pretty much rules out changing them.
                        I like that sentence. It makes me feel important.

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• As I'am not betting on the Italia-Australia and Wales-South Africa games, the end scores being very difficult to estimate between opponents of such vastly different level, I won't ask for the margins to be modified. Do as you please gentlemen.

Isn't it a very long kick outside of the field ? From my 22 to the other side's 22. At least !
                          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by ravagon
                            Damn. I could've sworn it was sceduled in another of the late-night slots but an online site I just checked doesn't show anything either ...
                            It has been in the FoxSports programme schedule as T.B.C. subject to the broadcast rights. I checked their website today and it remains that way. In this morning's Sydney Morning Herald, though, is said no television coverage. I think the England-Springboks match is on FoxSports, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia

I like that sentence. It makes me feel important.

It was designed to boost Havak's flagging self-esteem not yours! Americans are prevented by the Constitution from suffering self-esteem problems!

Comment

• Now if only I could persuade Andydog to back the Wals as well ...
                                *splutter splutter* Never! Never in a million years! *splutter splutter*

30 gold on Italy dammit. I can hear Finbar s******ing away, he knows full well of my strange inability to back the Wallabies!

Comment

Working...
                                X