This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by finbar
    Yeah yeah, but if they hadn't invented it, my mother would've with her home brew kit (in fact, she did), you know that. So, apart from rugby, cricket, Twinings' English Breakfast Tea, the English language, fish and chips, and flat, warm beer?
    Pudding ?

I'am betting 20 Golds on England and 5 on wales.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Firstly the Wallabie game - I also think Italy will struggle to finish within 21 pts of the Aussies. Given the Zurich computer prediction, will their head start be increased? I'd dearly love to bet a good potion of my amassed civ gold on Italy...

As for my other bets: 40 on the ABs and 40 on England please! And this will be a tight one. The England squad are conscious of communication (I see they've already begun to exercise their pigeons), but the saffees will go into this game like men possessed. It will be a great clash this one.

Bitter. As in Real Ale. We should be hailed for that alone.
      Yes, let us all hail the country who brought us that which rots our guts and makes us fart!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andydog
        Yes, let us all hail the country who brought us that which rots our guts and makes us fart!
        Aaah ! Poetry...
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
          I am not too keen on the guesswork margins. Lets gloss rapidly over you giving the 4th ranked team in the world such a start over the 3rd. I do so only because if the 3rd win they become 1st and if the 4th lose they become 5th with France taking 4th. Brain melting permutations!
          Only goes to prove what a farce ratings are.

The Zurich computer gives Italy over a forty points head start guys. And it tends to be conservative. Finbar has hood winked you all again.

And Wales need a five converted score margin. They really are that bad. Unless it rains NZ will utterly murder them.
          SportsBet here gives Wales 16 1/2 start, the Boks 14 1/2 start and Argentina 11 1/2 against Ireland. They don't have the Italy-Wallabies game for some reason, but on the basis of the other games, Italy wouldn't get anything like 40. I suspect I was too narrow with the Wales margin, but anyway. Unless anyone wants to increase it?

They think I drink too much.
          Ducks in barrels, ducks in barrels.

Coached by Wayne Smith. Do you see the connection?
          With England needing a backs coach with some actual idea of what a back does? Absolutely. Grab Wayne Smith immediately.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
            Pudding ?
            Yeah yeah, but if they hadn't invented it, Havak would've, you know that. So, apart from rugby, cricket, Twinings' English Breakfast Tea, the English language, fish and chips, flat, warm beer and pudding?

I'am betting 20 Golds on England and 5 on wales.
            Gotcha.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Well, we're working on the following basis:

1. England -v- South Africa. We're giving SA 17 1/2 points start.....etc.....handicapping the favoured team by requiring them to win by a certain margin.
              You're a real trooper finbar, I don't know how many times you've explained this, and you never seem to do a cut-and-paste job either. Bonzer effort there cobber!

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin

Aaah ! Poetry...

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
                  You're a real trooper finbar, I don't know how many times you've explained this, and you never seem to do a cut-and-paste job either. Bonzer effort there cobber!

I work with words for a living. Turn on the tap, out they pour.

Comment

• Actually I plan to temporarily set great store by the ratings - assuming England do go to number one.

Wales should have a bigger start but what the heck - as long as they lose I'll be fairly happy.

I can't face taking Ravagons money so I'll pass on the farcical Wallaby margin thanks.

But 20 on England (I have to have faith?). the mythical 'complete game' tomorrow?
                    And 10 on NZ (send 'em crying back to the valleys)

By the way let us talk again about Havak's patent coach spotting device.

Bodies all over the place = Aussie coach.
                    Decoy runners = Kiwi
                    In from the side and offside flouting = either one above.
                    Up the jumper rugby = English
                    passionately running up and down touchline = French
                    Sat happily with a pint of stout = Irish.
                    Ditto with whisky = Scottish
                    Crying = Welsh.

Any other offers?
                    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Yeah yeah, but if they hadn't invented it, Havak would've, you know that.

Considering that Havak is english, wouldn't that make it an english invention?

Now on to aussie inventions - Dame Edna!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andydog
                        Firstly the Wallabie game - I also think Italy will struggle to finish within 21 pts of the Aussies. Given the Zurich computer prediction, will their head start be increased? I'd dearly love to bet a good potion of my amassed civ gold on Italy...
                        I suppose margins can be amended. But everyone who has bet on the relevant game would have to be allowed to reconsider their bets. I couldn't come at Zurich's 40 points start, though, it's ridiculous. If it were a full-strength Wallaby team, perhaps, but we've now lost Larkham on top of everyone else and Mortlock, our only penetrating back on the whole tour, is having to fill in at fullback.

Edit. I'm also not sure why the Italy margin should differ greatly from the Wales margin given their apparent respective abilities.

As for my other bets: 40 on the ABs and 40 on England please! And this will be a tight one. The England squad are conscious of communication (I see they've already begun to exercise their pigeons), but the saffees will go into this game like men possessed. It will be a great clash this one.
                        Gotcha. And they're showing it here too!
                        Last edited by finbar; November 22, 2002, 10:49.

Comment

Actually I plan to temporarily set great store by the ratings - assuming England do go to number one.
                          You realise that if they do the ratings will become meaningless to everyone who isn't an english rugby fan don't you?

By the way let us talk again about Havak's patent coach spotting device.

Decoy runners = Kiwi
                          Crying = Welsh.

Any other offers?
                          Other team's bodies all ove the place = South African

Comment

Decoy runners = Kiwi
                            Crying = Welsh.
                            No subjectivity of course...

Comment

• Aussie inventions?

Prisoner Of Her Majesty In Exile (POHMIE).

More lately twisted into the prefered version of Prisoners Of Her Majesty In England.
                              It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Another betting update!

Andydog 277.5-80 = 197.5
                                Bearcat 100-50 = 50
                                Caligastia 68.5-60 = 8.5
                                finbar 73.5-40 = 33.5
                                Havak 90.8-30 = 60.8
                                Journeyman 100-40 = 60
                                LDiCesares 141.8
                                Mickeyj 143.5
                                NeoStar 114
                                ravagon 94-30 = 64
                                redbull 80
                                Tamerlin 62.3

Bets placed to date are as follows:

1. England -v- Springboks (Boks 17 1/2 points start)

Andydog 40 - England
                                Havak 20 - England
                                Journeyman 20 - England

Bearcat 20 - Springboks
                                Caligastia 20 - Springboks
                                finbar 10 - Springboks
                                ravagon 10 - Springboks

2. Wallabies -v- Italy (Italy 20 1/2 points start)

Bearcats 20 - Wallabies
                                Caligastia 20 - Wallabies
                                finbar 15 - Wallabies
                                Journeyman 20 - Wallabies

ravagon 10 - Italy

3. Wales -v- All Blacks (Wales 22 1/2 points start)

Andydog 40 - All Blacks
                                Caligastia 20 - All Blacks
                                Havak 10 - All Blacks
                                ravagon 10 - All Blacks

Bearcat 10 - Wales
                                finbar 15 - Wales
                                Last edited by finbar; November 22, 2002, 10:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X