• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• or soccer hooligans
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

• Comment

• It's GREAT! Two masks didn't work and the other one was mine. It's lovely. Refreshing. At least the military ones .
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Anyone tried the vomit gas?
          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• Well, damn it, i got to experience the stuff on my brthday, as a kid! Why did they have to ask for a general strike on my birthday!
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Other than that, how was the play?
              "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

• Well, it seems that the death toll is on the rise. What they used was very deadly and they knew it would be so. They deliberately killed more than 100 of their own people, just to show their decisiveness and their zero-tolerance towards the Chechen rebels. Even Ariel Sharon whould not have commited such a hideous act.
                "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
                  Currently the NY times has an 'expert' saying that it could be BZ gas, which is not a nerve agent, but is also in a sort of 'grey zone' as far as legality goes. it might be a banned Chemical substance, it might not. it most certainly is not tear gas (raise your hands if you know what tear gas is like from personal experience! ).

This is probably the reason the Russians siply won't say what it was.... because they might have broken the law. as for whether it was justified: I am unsure. We can speculate all we want , but we will never know what the possible outcome mihgt have been otherwise. I do know that as the dead toll grows (and it will), Putin might face slightly more critism.
                  Ah! I've heard of BZ gas. Originally touted as a knock out gas it was abandoned because at concentrations high enough to effectively knock people out it tended to have a high fatality rate (among experimental animals). No one uses it. Almost no one uses it.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by axi
                    Well, it seems that the death toll is on the rise. What they used was very deadly and they knew it would be so. They deliberately killed more than 100 of their own people, just to show their decisiveness and their zero-tolerance towards the Chechen rebels. Even Ariel Sharon whould not have commited such a hideous act.
                    Oh, you are an idiot. How else were they going to deal with the threat of explosives?

Comment

• end justifies all means?
                      Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

• Sad as it sounds, they had to use gas, no way around it...Whether it was the right kind of gas or not is open to debate...
                        DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

• next time the terrorists will bring gasmasks
                          CSPA

Comment

• As I noted in previous post, they still weren't killing people on regular basis. That means probably everything would have been peacefully settled with much less victims. In all other cases before Chechen terrorists also said they are going to die, but later, when food lack came into case, etc. They all agreed to surrend on much less demands. Probably these terrorists would have also surrendered only for letting them free and some amount iof money later, when they would have seen that it is not possible to get troops removed from Chechnya.

Comment

• Oh, you are an idiot. How else were they going to deal with the threat of explosives?
                              1. Use another kind of gas, which would not be deadly to so many people.

2. Rush in more paramedics than soldiers to quickly administer oxygen and antidotes.

3. Negotiate some more.

4. Actually withdraw from Chechnya.

I don't really care about what they could have done. Putin and his cronies are responsible for this ****, as well as for the tens of thousands dead in the Chechen war itself.
                              "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

Comment

• The terrrorists had explosives strapped to their bodies, so we can assume that they were willing to take as many hostages with them as they could. If they distributed themselves among the hostages then triggered the bombs they would have killed more than 3 hostages for each terrorist.

If some macedonians took control of a theater in Athens and demanded part of northern Greece would the Greek government cave in and let them have it?
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X