Most Irritating accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. It just sounds funny to me.

This is typical anglosaxon racism. Just because I'm not a native speaker means I'm not allowed to observe how certain English accents sound funnier than others. Club poll.

Comment

I used to think you were OK. Suddenly I don't feel guilty for not voting for you in the hall of fame anymore.

Comment

New England is too broad a term. There are at least four disinct accents: Maine (the old Burt and I comic routine "ya cont get they-ah frahm he-ah"; North End Boston (Italian white trash); Southie Boston (Irish white trash); and central Connecticut/Western Mass (which is just the American Standard Rural spoken in hick towns all the way from Pennsylvania to Oregon).

Of these Southie Bostonian makes me the craziest -- it's also accompanied by at least four grammatical errors per sentence and includes some of the world's most inane idioms ("wicked," "oh my head," etc.). It isn't superior like the central Long Island / Manhattan accent or hostile like the Queens, North Brooklyn accent -- just unrelentingly stupid.
        Last edited by Kepler; August 13, 2002, 14:23.
        It is much easier to be critical than to be correct. Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
          This is typical anglosaxon racism.
          There was nothing racist about what he said, you squareheaded dog-hating kraut.
          http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
          Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
          ------------------------
          ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

There's absolutely nothing funny about German, guys. It's a very serious language for very serious people...

"Anyone who speaks German can't be evil!" - Parole Board Member from "The Simpsons"
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

This is typical anglosaxon racism. Just because I'm not a native speaker means I'm not allowed to observe how certain English accents sound funnier than others. Club poll.
              PH's accent is certainly... distinctive.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion

I used to think you were OK. Suddenly I don't feel guilty for not voting for you in the hall of fame anymore.
                You can claim PH accent as funny, but I can't make a strait-laced comment about your accent?

And I will never forgive you for not voting for me in that popularity contest. You will rue that mistake.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

*sigh*
                  Children, children.
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

What, pray tell, will you do to him, SD? Just curious...
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Don't cross me Wombat, I know where you live.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                        You will rue that mistake.
                        Who talks like that?
                        ------------------------
                        ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                          What, pray tell, will you do to him, SD? Just curious...
                          I'll...ermm... I'll...I'lll..ermm... well I'll do something that he won't be pleased about.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Severn

Who talks like that?
                            I do.

Comment

ponce

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                                Their is?
                                Who?
                                ------------------------
                                ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Working...
                                X