No announcement yet.

Most Irritating accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of Finnish accents (when talking Finnish), Rauma and Turku accents (in fact, any accent apparently affected by Swedish) are annoying, and the 'Stadi Slang' of Helsinkians sounds somehow unbelievably pretentious.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Though it's not really an accent, theres hardly anything more annoying than homies speaking ebonics....

Know wha I'm sayin'? Aiiight!
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Originally posted by drake
        ebonics....
        An affecation. They're too cool for grammar.
        http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
        Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
        ------------------------
        ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Leave it to Horse to bring up the Nanny. I agree, however. That's something that has made me want to physically harm my TV. Luckily, I have a remote control.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Cantonese...euu...sound's like a bandsaw. And the sad thing is, their women look so foxy.

Maine is similar--like fingernails on a blackboard.

But California We don't have accents, you do!

Comment

Stockholmska can annoy the hell out of me.
              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I hate **** Van ****s "Cockney" Accent in Mary Poppins.

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I didn't realise i couldn't say ****, maybe i should have said short for richard
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

at least you forgot the apostrophe.

Otherwise, you'd have **** Van ****'s

http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
                    Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
                    ------------------------
                    ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                      Brummie, it automatically knocks about 40 points off a persons IQ!

(UK Midlands for those don't know)
                      Cities often develop their own accents quite out of touch with the rest of the region. This is an example.

I vote Glaswegian and Brummy (Brummie?).

Pointless trivia: I used to go to school with Gordon Strachan's daughter when he was at Coventry.

Comment

North England.

Provost does have a funny accent.

Comment

Says Ecthelion, who has a very normal accent.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

for a german
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

At least I don't find it funny, because it is normal for me.

Comment

And PH's accent is abnormal for him?
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X