No announcement yet.

Most Irritating accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A scouse accent makes me cringe.(thats liverpool in england for all those that dont know)

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
      Brummie, it automatically knocks about 40 points off a persons IQ!

(UK Midlands for those don't know)
      A group of people that are able to unite sentiments from the north and south.

I think the reason they sound unintelligent is the inordinate amount of time it takes them to say words.

I personally dislike the Geordie accent. North East England for those who didn't know.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'd have to go with that Valley girl stuff -> california.
        Unfortunately I have crossed it, and I hated it. It wasn't only the accent, it was the whole 'look at us, we are stupid bimbos' attitude. Get some selfrespect!

Anything with nasal annyos me. Can't help it. Sometimes it's fun to hear southern accent, but most of the time it makes me mad also . I'm such a sweet guy.

If I'd have to choose from outside USA, I'd go right here where I live . We have the most crappy accent EVER! God I hate it everytime when Häkkinen gets to say something. Luckily, I have succesfully vanished my accent, I still have a little bit, but only so little that people can't tell where I'm from.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

As a New Englander, I reject the idea that we're the worst Actually, we in CT reject the idea that we have an accent at all - accents are for all those wierd people who live elsewhere.

Anyway, I'll go with Joysie (NJ). Bawston isn't too bad, except when the word "wicked" is involved. I hate that word.

I also agree with Boris on the "Valley Girl" thing, but that's as much word choice as it is an accent.

Sagacious Dolphin,

What accent does Gordon Strachan (sp?) - the Coventry City coach - have. Geordie, right? That would be terribly irritating if I encountered it more than once and a while, but it's downright hilarious trying to understand what he's saying in post-match interviews. I haven't been watching the Premiership report (Sunday recap of the week in Football) lately, but I used to be able to figure out roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of what he was saying.

What about the Glasgow accent? People warned me about it constantly, but I didn't find it too bad.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Gordon Strachan is Scottish. For Geordie think Paul Gascoigne.

When considering Glaswegian think of the "Ay'U'Jimmie" "Ock'I'dun'oh" accent. Alex Ferguson is an example of Glaswegian.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'd say all "northerner" accents. It really is the superiority deal that rah mentioned, but for christ sakes it's also a butchered form of English.

I also can't stand "Canadian" accents for very long. I heard some Canadians while I was walking around Berlin, and after a bit I wanted to run their touring bus overtop of them.

I like all southern accents, except really the Texas ones, and when any southern accent is faked.

Comment

I have no accent to speak of... no sign of redneck in my voice, thank god.
                Talent Optional

Comment

Yea, I gues you can't take anyone with that accent seriously, but I wouldn't call it harsh on the ears.

Comment

I lack knowledge of American ones. So I voted for them all.

Insufficient numbers of English accents, so I voted for none.

I like all the rest.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      My favorite, being from the midwest, is that people say that there is no distinct accent in the midwest. Of course all the people that say this are (surprise) from the midwest.
                      It is extremely flat... I also heard somewhere that the "purest" form of English (whatever that means) comes from north-central Illinois.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                        Gordon Strachan ...it's downright hilarious trying to understand what he's saying in post-match interviews.
                        He is tough to understand, even after a few years. I always watch the highlights just to try to figure out what he is saying. Though I don't find him annoying. Now that Sir Alex clown, he has an annoying accent.
                        Be the bid!

Comment

all news anchors sound the same, and that's a midwest accent, as far as I know. That's really considere "no" accent. I'm pretty sure everyone already knows that, though...

Comment

Bah the nerve of lumping Downeast Mainah accent in with North East, its a bit like a Boston accent but ticker, a bit slower and less nasal, more back of the tongue, and more red neck sounding Really funny hearing old lobstermen talking in it.

Its wiickud gud deeyah, ayaah!!
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

East Texas! I had a roomate from Arkansas once in College. I have to say that's the worst accent. Unless you're from Texas it's really a hard accent to explain. Similar to Ross Parot's but much more twangy
                              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

So called "posh" or "society" accents drive me nuts. Full of little tittering sayings and clubby half-witticisms.

And the Dell guy must die.
                                What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Working...
                                X