No announcement yet.

Most Irritating accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I don't understand why, with TV's in every household, people can allow themselves to have any filthy accent. That really reminds me how much I hate northerners.

Comment

West Texan ? I guess beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

No vote cast by me.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh has to be the Brummie accent, damn annoying, no other accent bothers me, even Geordie or Scouse. Except perhaps a hardcore Hull accent
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Californian valley-girl-speak.

*shudders*

No American high school is immune to this... scourge...
          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I don't like that American accent, probably mid western, where they talk through their nose and all the "ar"s become "er"s. Like a "car becomes a "cer".

I also don't like that whiny Jewish New York accent exemplified by The Nanny.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

anything northern of london is irriating cause you simply cant understand it (no matter the good intentions from both sides)

Comment

Australian, British, Canadian, Texan - basically everyplace I and my family were not born in.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Chicago accent is pretty bad sometimes, like my old school bus driver: "Der are tree tings you godda know about da bus..." I just like how they pronounce sausage "sassage."
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

German. It's too gutteral sounding for my liking. My grandparents came from Germany and their accents when they spoke English drove me crazy.

Comment

I hate the following...

New England (that whole Ah **** is annoying), New Yorker, Midwestern (what's wrong with that accent? Sounds flat as hell), Minnesota, California (it sounds like garbage), and Cockney (sounds mentally ill).

I dont know too many accents but i like the one a lot of puerto rican girls got... That accent sounds real nice...

But what do people here in Philly speak? I've heard older people talk with that Rocky kind of accent (Yo! Give me sum woodder) but most don't.

thanks
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Let's face it: Yanks can't speak English for sh*t and are basically destroying it.'

Tanks.
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

i vote british...
                          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                            East Texas! I had a roomate from Arkansas once in College. I have to say that's the worst accent. Unless you're from Texas it's really a hard accent to explain. Similar to Ross Parot's but much more twangy
                            I'll try.

West Texas is easy to explain. Ever seen "Lonesome Dove?" It's slow, without sounding slow in the head.

East Texas is the result of excessive inbreeding, and poor diet. Any word can have two sylables. What the rest of the world calls "down," they call "DAY-owwn." It's a "VEE-hickle" It's next to impossible to respect anyone who talks like that.

South Texas is basically dominated by mexicans with a western minority. Central (my accent) is a sped-up version of Western with midwestern tendancies. There's also the German-Texans, bu we prefer not to remember them.
                            http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
                            Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
                            ------------------------
                            ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
                              i vote british...
                              There isn't a uniform british accent
                              Within Britain there are dozens of very different accents some of which border on being dialects
                              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Damnyankee accents
                                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X