Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unspoken black/white segregation: Choice or societal structure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Among other words that you have used, and others have used, are connotative words like stupid that do nothing to reinforce your arguments.

I made the mistake of using connotative words too.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• What is the sense in being proud of something you were born with? Its not an achievement.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Cal -- whites have always felt that their culture was the only positive, meaningful, progressive culture in the world.

Now that minority groups have gained more social equality, they are affirming what has LONG been overdue -- their own culture, ethnicity, and religion.
        Not to say that minority groups never affirmed their identity before they had gained social equality.

Comment

• You seem to be missing my point Mr Fun.

What is the achievement in being born a certain way?

Comment

• No one's born with a culture, Cali. That's the point you keep missing. Blac people aren't necessarily proud of their skin color, (most are, some don't care, some are ashamed of it--Black is beautiful, Baby). They are proud of their heritage. That's a different thing altogether. However, as long as you insist on refusing to understand that point . . .
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• The achievements are in the cultural and other types of contributions that people in every race, ethnic, and religious group has made in the society they live in.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                No one's born with a culture, Cali. That's the point you keep missing. Blac people aren't necessarily proud of their skin color, (most are, some don't care, some are ashamed of it--Black is beautiful, Baby). They are proud of their heritage. That's a different thing altogether. However, as long as you insist on refusing to understand that point . . .
                In what way is your heritage something you are not born with? In what way is it an achievement? You too are missing the point

Comment

• Everyone is born into a culture, so in what way is that something to be proud of? Its not an achievement.

Comment

• People can be proud of their culture the same way they are proud of their family, schools, communities, and countries.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
                      Yeah, it does not matter that I have straight friends.

It does not matter that I am friends with people who are moderate conservatives.

It does not matter that I have socialized with people of other races.

It does not matter that I respect religious people even though I am not religious.

You're right -- I'm a racist and a bigot.
                      troll rating: 0.01 out of 10

Cal, since colonial times, North America has always been multi-cultural and multi-ethnical.
                      read that again as MrFun reading a post from Calagastia.
                      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• I'd sure love to post more, but I just got back from Uni and have to unpack for the summer, then I'm out to dinner with some friends...

hopefully I'll get a chance to catch up later
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai

As the football fans would say: OWN GOAL.

I thought that was only for rhetorical questions...

Comment

• Yes, yes, affirmative action never hurt nobody

Shame there were thousands of these. I could only pick 3. I wish I could get 100.....but I think ide rather be golfing in an hour.

Let me just leave by saying. I am happy affirmative action is being phased out. Many places are getting rid of it. For good reason, its discrimination. Some liberals can say what they want call it whatever...but you cannot admit one thing, its wrong. Try explaining to the kid who works for his last 3 years of high school so he can get into UW, then gets rejected cause UW has reserved that spot for some black piece of **** who has never worked a day in his life, and probably will **** up his chances anyway and party with the money the state gives him. Since afterall, we know affirmative action has a horrible success rate. Well actually (22% of those who apply, will graduate. Oh that soooo ****in successful ). That is a true story from around here in Wisconsin.

It had a happy ending. private college got him a scholarship.

Oh Ming will probably come in here and ban me for that apparent vieled racist comment. It wasnt racist, just my opinion of the morons who get so much state money, and **** it all up and end back in Gordon hieghts.....To those who actually succeed. Great for them! But most dont. Freakin pathetic. Im out.

Comment

• Originally posted by faded glory
                              Try explaining to the kid who works for his last 3 years of high school so he can get into UW, then gets rejected cause UW has reserved that spot for some black piece of **** who has never worked a day in his life, and probably will **** up his chances anyway and party with the money the state gives him.
                              Now you could have simply said, "a black student". Are they specifically reserving the place for someone meeting the technical definition of "a piece of ****"? Or was that just your own addition?

Oh Ming will probably come in here and ban me for that apparent vieled racist comment. It wasnt racist, just my opinion of the morons who get so much state money, and **** it all up and end back in Gordon hieghts.....To those who actually succeed. Great for them! But most dont. Freakin pathetic. Im out.
                              Dress it up in all the "anti-PC" posturings you like. Racist crap is still racist crap. Now I'm no fan of "affirmative action", but to be perfectly blunt I'm even less fond of people trotting out tirades like yours. Congratulations- you're polarising neutrals, but it's against you.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

3) Blacks have provided much of our music culture in our country.
                                Indeed, blacks created the only art form created by America, Jazz.

Comment

Working...
                                X