No announcement yet.

BNP win 2 council seats in Burnley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha...Mobius my friend, youve been brainwashed by those Auckland-hating Wellingtonians.

Theyre just jealous because they dont live there.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
      haha...Mobius my friend, youve been brainwashed by those Auckland-hating Wellingtonians.

Theyre just jealous because they dont live there.
      Actually...

At least one of my friends lived there for a couple of years - he merely confirmed my suspicions for my visits there...

Have you even spent any decent amount of time in Wgtn?

It is IMO one of the best lifestyle cities in the World!
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Have you even spent any decent amount of time in Wgtn?
        No, but whenever I went there the weather sucked. It has a nice small-town feel to it I suppose. Im an Aucklander at heart though. I could change your mind about Auckland if I could show you around.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Barley was a Spink DL.

I find it quite amusing when people allude to the days of the 'British Empire' when really, the working class of the country were still treated like sh*t and the rich were really, really rich. But of course there is some kind of misplaced nostalgia about the past. The only reason we invaded all those countries was so the rich could bugger off somewhere else for most of the year
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah - you get the feeling some people should really stop listening to their grandfather's stories by the fire and actually think about what they're saying.
            We're back!
            http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Well it's like this silly notion that things actually used to be better, and it is complete crap. Ask my parents for example, they say all this nostalgia people bleat about is complete nonsense. As will this nostalgia of the Victorian era and that. It's quite strange. Modern Britain should be about tolerance and integration and diversity.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh, and just to clarify, they've won a third seat - on a fifth-time recount and by a margin of 4 votes. Grr.

Ah well. Hopefully it'll be like that time they won a council seat in 1993 - there was a massive response from the ANL and other anti-Nazi groups and within just a few weeks he was kicked out. The BBC reckon they won't last long. Thank God.
                "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

To keep it in proportion, this means that 0.05% of Britain's Councillors are BNP.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

...and it's good to know that each and every one of the other 99.95% regard them slightly lower in the evolutionary scale than six-arsed chimpanzees.
                    We're back!

Comment

Six-arsed chimpanzee? That's the next favourite for the mayor of London
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Bugs - I did that exact same calculation on the way home from school today.
                        Amusing how small a proportion can gain them so much coverage on the national news. First newsreader to actually call them what they are - i.e. a neo-Nazi party - gets my Special Perspicacity Award and a tenner.
                        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Perspicacity, now that's a good word

*skulks off slyly to check dictionary*
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Well, I suppose the Hartlepool mayor is nearly there - only five more arses to go...
                            We're back!

Comment

Perspicacity - also observation.

I'm still waiting though.

Comment

Perspicacity, now that's a good word

*skulks off slyly to check dictionary*
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X