ATHEISTS Are Narrow Minded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody's entitled to their opinion.

You see, if you don't accept God's love you don't get in, it's that simple. God wants you to be with him, but if you don't accept his love, that's your choice. That's one of God's greatest gifts to you, your free will.

By the same truth, you could be the Pope and not go to heaven. If you don't accept God's love, no matter how decent and worshipful you are, you are not going to Paradise.

There are plenty of people who prostrate themselves before God simply as a matter of habbit and have no real truthfullness behind it. Maybe they have accepted God's love. Maybe. Church has little to do with acceptance into Paradise.

Going to church is like going to college.

If you don't do anything with what you have learned once you pass through the doors, it's kind of worthless to have even gone...

Q: I am Catholic. And Catholics happen to be Christians, despite what Protestants may say

Comment

"Or were you referring to the "other" BD - Shi Huangdi?"

-To me BD will always stand for Shi Huangdi
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by DarthVeda
        You see, if you don't accept God's love you don't get in, it's that simple. God wants you to be with him, but if you don't accept his love, that's your choice. That's one of God's greatest gifts to you, your free will.

By the same truth, you could be the Pope and not go to heaven. If you don't accept God's love, no matter how decent and worshipful you are, you are not going to Paradise.
        Why would I deny God's love?
        I'm such a lovable person, he can love me all he wants.
        But now you're going to say I have to love him back. Well, when and if I ever see him, you bet your ass I'll love him. How else am I supposed to love him if he refuses to show me he exists?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ok, now *how* do you love him in this plane of existance? Do you follow the two simple things he has asked of you?

Do you love your neighbor as you love yourself?

Do you love him with all your might?

If you can answer both of these with yes, then you may very well be able to get into Paradise... it's really not that hard, it's not supposed to be.

God doesn't expect us to put on a performance every Sunday just for his amusement. If you were to go to Church, you should get something out of it, if not, don't bother. Just try to be a Christian. Just remember that not even God's closest followers, the Apostles, were expected to follow every tenet of the Jewish faith to the letter.

Comment

Ok, now how do you love him in this plane of existance?
            How do you love him? kissing his ass in prayer? Going to a church to show your determination?

Do you love your neighbor as you love yourself?
            I don't know my neighbors.

Do you love God with all your might?
            How can I love someone that doesn't want to prove himself to me? If he loved me, he'd prove he exists.

If you can answer both of these with yes, then you may very well be able to get into Paradise... it's really not that hard, it's not supposed to be.

God doesn't expect us to put on a performance every Sunday just for his amusement. If you were to go to Church, you should get something out of it, if not, don't bother. Just try to be a Christian. Just remember that not even God's closest followers, the Apostles, were expected to follow every tenet of the Jewish faith to the letter.
            If I wanted your preaching I would have allowed those Mormon Missionaries to enter the house.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Everybody's entitled to their opinion.
              But all those who have a different one are going to Hell. I see where this is going.

You see, if you don't accept God's love you don't get in, it's that simple.
              That's one of the major problems with Christianity.

Father: Do you love me, son?
              Son: Sure I do, dad.
              Father: So would you marry Jane because her father has lots of money?
              Son: No, dad, I can't do that.
              Father: What? And you said you love me?! Die!!

*Father pulls out gun and shoots son in the head*

I hope you see the absurdity in this. Yet, it hasn't begin to approach the absurdity in Christianity.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well that's about all the preaching I can do tonight, I'm going to try to go to Church tomorrow.

It's not that hard to have a little faith and believe in God. You don't have to go to Church every week. But when and if you do go, go with God. Maybe you'll learn something and come back with more. Maybe you'll apply what you've learned to your life.

Comment

I had said I was done for the night but it seems Urban had a comment to make.

Urban, God's not asking you to do a whole lot. Just love your neighbor as yourself and love God in return.

The least you could do is not make jokes at his expense. He still loves you none-the-less.

God bless you Urban.

Comment

if i was narrow minded, i wouldn't be an athiest going toa private baptist school
                    nor would i take above the minimum religion course..which i do
                    nor would i be studying directly under one of the profs

so no. i don't believe i am. anyone who would pass judgement after one "gothic" church service needs to bend over to receive his sacrament though......
                    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Pascal's wager is actually horribly complex...

...and a completely awful reason for believing.

I was unfortunate enough to pop along to the York Uni Alpha social on Friday. Great way to brainwash... they hadn't even advertised it as a Christian event, lots of people turned up expecting your average Uni bash... shocking.

I knew what was going down, but I was still disgusted. So I signed "Osama Bin Laden" up for their little course...
                      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I had said I was done for the night but it seems Urban had a comment to make.
                        Note that I had posted my message before your did.

Urban, God's not asking you to do a whole lot. Just love your neighbor as yourself and love God in return.
                        That's assuming that your god exists, and that your god actually did say what the bible said what he* had said. Since though the bible said a lot about the Judeo-Christianity god, and a lot of it is very unpleasant, that's enough to make any sane person pause.

The least you could do is not make jokes at his expense. He still loves you none-the-less.
                        Making jokes? I wasn't making any jokes.

Assuming that the Judeo-Christianity god does exist, he would know this all along, as he is supposedly omniscient. He also knew it all along that I would reject him, thus banishing me to Hell is evil.

* - According to Christian doctrines
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Note that I had posted my message before your did.

That's assuming that your god exists, and that your god actually did say what the bible said what he* had said. Since though the bible said a lot about the Judeo-Christianity god, and a lot of it is very unpleasant, that's enough to make any sane person pause.

Making jokes? I wasn't making any jokes.

Assuming that the Judeo-Christianity god does exist, he would know this all along, as he is supposedly omniscient. He also knew it all along that I would reject him, thus banishing me to Hell is evil.

* - According to Christian doctrines
                          Weeeeeell

The christian god is a hypocrite. In the old testament he at least admits the existence of the other gods.

Be a polytheist.

They're open minded.

Or be me. I'm great.
                          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Oh dear, Wiglaf rides again

I am not going to devote a fraction of my brainpower to this arsehole. Nothing I would say would convince him, because he is away with the fairies in his own little land. Convinced senate to bomb the rest of the free world yet wiggy?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                              I was unfortunate enough to pop along to the York Uni Alpha social on Friday. Great way to brainwash... they hadn't even advertised it as a Christian event, lots of people turned up expecting your average Uni bash... shocking.

I knew what was going down, but I was still disgusted. So I signed "Osama Bin Laden" up for their little course...
                              I remember Snappy telling me you had gone along to that. I was afraid that you would 'see the light' Iain

Yeah, we had OICCU when I was at uni who did that (Oxford Inter-Collegiate Christian Union). Scary bunch. There was a friend who was involved with them, and she tried for 2 years to try and convert me, but eventually realised the folly of her attempts and realised I was going to burn in hell for all eternity
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Ramo- Er, yeah. I meant Shi, not Boob. "BD" instantly makes me think Black Dragon. Perhaps I've unconsciously banished Mr. Dornan from my mind so completely that I don't even recognize his initials when they appear. It's a comforting thought.

Wiglaf, here is the verse:

Isaiah 45:7: "I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I the Lord do all these things."

So this is where I got the idea that God, well, creates evil. This doesn't necessarily conflict with the idea of original sin. God wants humanity to be like Him: Free thinkers, capable of both good and evil, able to make their own decisions, capable of doing right and also making mistakes.

In Exodus 32:12-14, Moses admonishes God for being wrathful towards his people. The response he recieves: "And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people."

Here we have a repentant God. Again God is shown to be imperfect and making amends. But isn't this image much more compelling than that of a perfect God? Everything we see around us has some imperfection in it. Unless you seek to tell me that the 11th commandment is "Do as I say, not as I do", I don't see how following our consciences would necessarily lead us to God. All we need to do, theoretically, is examine the world and observe both the good and bad things about it.
                                It is certain; my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul chooses to believe in it.

-Novalis

Comment

Working...
                                X