United States of Europe vs. Stalinland: Ukraine, pt. II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United States of Europe vs. Stalinland: Ukraine, pt. II

Since my thread would inevitably have the best title, it was my solemn duty to start this new one.

(Of course, in reality US of E would be a few provinces bigger, but we haven't got the new map yet so whatevs)

Yuschenko
    Yanukovich
    Freedom
    Russian imperialism
    Ted Striker
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

I'm sure Ted Striker was instrumental in bringing about the Yushchenko victory.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Partition Ukraine!

Comment

will everyone PLEASE be nice to the Russians, this is a difficult time for some of them.

Russians: we LIKE you, we REALLY LIKE you.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Yuschenko
          Yanukovich
          Freedom
          Russian Imperialism
          American Imperialism
          Ted Striker
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Stalinland?

Shame on you, its Brezhneville!
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Why thumbs down to Yanukovich, azazel? I thought you were a commie. And there is no American imperialism here. This is a demonstration of freedom. The people picked Yushchenko.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

fair election
                Ukrainian unity
                Dioxin poisoning
                Tinfoil hat conspiracy theories
                Ukraine continuing to get along with Russia, AND the West

Evil Finns
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Yushchenko
                  Capitalism
                  Putin

This is a new era in Ukrainean politics, as for the first time in 300 years it will start to move away from Russian control and tyranny.
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Ok, so which is better?

Stalinland
                    Kruschevburg
                    Brezhneville
                    Chernenko Park
                    Andropov Town
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Why thumbs down to Yanukovich, azazel? I thought you were a commie. And there is no American imperialism here. This is a demonstration of freedom. The people picked Yushchenko.

Sure. The people picked Chavez, too. The people pick all sorts of people.

And Yanukovich is no commie.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

partitioning between Germany and Russia

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

Sure. The people picked Chavez, too. The people pick all sorts of people.

And Yanukovich is no commie.
                          Yushchenko will be a good leader as he will open Ukraine to capitalism and freedom (which are synonomous [sp?]), Chavez is not. That's the difference.

Comment

Yushchenko will be a good leader as he will open Ukraine to capitalism and freedom (which are synonomous [sp?]), Chavez is not. That's the difference.

Wait, what do you think goes on in the Ukraine right now? It has democracy and freedom, the way you like it. The only thing Yuschenko adds to the mix is a lil bit of ukrainian nationalism.

Some people have no idea, I guess.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: United States of Europe vs. Stalinland: Ukraine, pt. II

Originally posted by Stefu
                              Since my thread would inevitably have the best title, it was my solemn duty to start this new one.

(Of course, in reality US of E would be a few provinces bigger, but we haven't got the new map yet so whatevs)

Yuschenko
                              Yanukovich
                              Freedom
                              Russian imperialism
                              Ted Striker
                              Originally posted by Last Conformist
                              I'm sure Ted Striker was instrumental in bringing about the Yushchenko victory.
                              Originally posted by Azazel
                              Yuschenko
                              Yanukovich
                              Freedom
                              Russian Imperialism
                              American Imperialism
                              Ted Striker

Ruslana
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X