No announcement yet.

Atari Sells Civilization Franchise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed Civilization III, and I fell completely in love with Conquests.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

@ CtP haters. I thought it was a good Civ clone (?).

I wonder who bought it...
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Give it back!
        No, DO NOT give it back.
        If Civilisation is away from Infogrames Atari forever, then Maybe Civ4 won't be the complete wreck that Civ3 was.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Ok tass, I'll keep it... TO MYSELF
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Conquests

Comment

CtP2!

-=Vel=-
              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

we still don't know who bought it?

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

yawwwnnn(at myself saying this one more time in defence of the CTP games).

CTP wasn't Civ3 so Civ1+2 players mostly didnt like it.
                  CTP2 was going to be a better version of CTP, but somehow the good folks at the CTP2 forum are still trying to fix it.

I like CTP2 over Civ2 for the reasons that often get mentioned:

Public Works over moving 100's of settlers around
                  Combined Arms combat
                  Stacked combat
                  Modability
                  Source Code released and being worked on

BUT they were Activisions creations(before it became just a publisher) - and the way the community felt especialy after CTP2 wasn't very pretty.

Still they(Activision) have redeemed themselves in some of the CTP players eyes by letting the source code out so the community can make the last great TBS game we may see, or die in the attempt trying(more likely!).

I dont know who would be best to carry on Civ games - actualy i'm not sure i mind, as long as someone does. A world without civ(in whatever flavour) doesn't bear thinking about

'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Info: http://www.gamegossip.com/index.php#11046

Comment

CTP2 is what CTP should have been. CTP was a mistake that should never have been released.
                      B♭3

Comment

Bigger Info: http://www.ferrago.com/portal/cluster/58604

It might just be a paper transaction.

Comment

I would find it very amusing if it was Activision who bought it. I doubt it is though. CtP2 was the (one of the) leading cause(s) of the collapse of them as a developer. They probably wouldn't want to touch the name of Civ again.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                            Bigger Info: http://www.ferrago.com/portal/cluster/58604

It might just be a paper transaction.
                            The article says this:

Dismissing rumors that have apparently surfaced, Infogrames today provided a bit of a financial update on operations. Revealed through a story run on Reuters, Infogrames CEO Bruno Bonnell revealed to Reuters through phone interview that it isn't currently in any sort of discussions with respect to any sort of bid (friendly or hostile) on the company. Infogrames, who has had concerns raised over its ability to repay 117.1 million euros in convertible bonds due in 2005, also reported today that it has struck a deal with bankers to fund the upcoming holiday season.
                            Along those lines, the company, which owns 57 percent of U.S.-based Atari Inc, further stated today that it has managed to redeem $26.1 million of $28.2 million owed to Nexgen Capital Limited, through the transferring of 10.6 million Atari shares. Carrying a one-year maturity date and done through Infogrames wholly-owned California US Holdings, Inc. ("CUSH"), the deal will run through February 15th, 2005, at which case Infogrames will own 60 percent of Atari.
                            Nothing was said about Civilization, the only thing it talked about was the fact that Infogrames itself isn't being sold.

Comment

My bet/hope is that Firaxis bought it.

Comment

Check the other links Trip. I swear I saw stuff on Civilization specifically.

Comment

Working...
                                X