Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secession: Has it become a reasonable idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NE to Canada... I wouldn't really mind, that, actually.

Aside from the little problem of the Civil War. It would be just a tad hypocritical for the North to decide it believes in secession now, just 'cause it's our political views which are now in the minority.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Shhh. We don't mind hypocrites, as long as they're our hypocrites.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        NE to Canada... I wouldn't really mind, that, actually.

Aside from the little problem of the Civil War. It would be just a tad hypocritical for the North to decide it believes in secession now, just 'cause it's our political views which are now in the minority.

-Arrian
        Fool the Southerners into thinking they won their independence and you'll be grand.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
          That would require you to have followers other than internet chained computer geeks and out of work acting students living on their parents dime.

But as the last schsim showed, only conservative elitists have the balls to attempt such a thing, and only Republicans have the gumption to quell it. Leaves you liberals out in the rain
          My people weren't exactly conservative elitists, but they certainly stacked their share of Yankee asses.

And given that the two economic powerhouse states of the US voted heavily for Kerry, as well as 48% of the populace who got out and voted, the support is a bit broader than geeks and acting students.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
            Yeah, I am sure that is how it would work.

I would like to point out which states the majority of the military power is concentrated, as well as where the majority of the people manning that power come from, and then who they voted for in the election.

Have fun accessing your offshore account from your smoking crater.

To remain within these United States is slavery. The North East must throw off the Yoke of Bush, the Yoke of the laughing southern coke-snorting rapist. Freedom must be fought for and gained, for death is better than this. The Real Thirteen States must separate, for the South has divided the Nation and lest it can be brought to heel it must not be allowed to rule the North.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

the blue state red state thing is stupid, and is quickly voided looking at a county by county map of election results.

Its mainly of interest to furriners whod like to see the US smaller and weaker.

And youd all be dissapointed. A northern confederation would still be a lot more of all the things you hate about american than it would be like europe.

How about northern confederation joins United Kingdom, keeping Tony Blair in power forever?
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                How about northern confederation joins United Kingdom, keeping Tony Blair in power forever?
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'd be up for joining the Commonwealth, at any rate.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

Fool the Southerners into thinking they won their independence and you'll be grand.

Well, gosh darnit! You guys finally did rise again...

Yes you did!

YES YOU DID!!!
                    What?

Comment

Is it paradoxical for me to be a Southern liberal pacifist mildly in favor of states' rights?
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Monkspider

Do you have links to the seccesionist articles?

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                          And youd all be dissapointed. A northern confederation would still be a lot more of all the things you hate about american than it would be like europe.
                          Well maybe, but it'd be a lot less powerful and wouldn't be able to project it's power even nearly as well as it does now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                            YEAH AND THE LIBERALS COULD ALSO GET ALL GUNS AND GO TO MONTANA AND HOLE UP IN BUNKERS TO WAIT FOR BU****LER'S BLACK HELICOPTERS

no wait
                            That was Clinton & Reno.
                            "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                            I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                            --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

True for the North, but it would leave 90% of the military in the hands of South and West (including 90% of the nukes). Do you really want me roaming the world without the restraints of pacifist sissies?

So much for Eurocentism.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Posted before in election thread II, here it is again
                                Attached Files
                                Visit First Cultural Industries
                                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X