Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secession: Has it become a reasonable idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secession: Has it become a reasonable idea?

Ever since the Bush re-election, I have heard more and more commentators from various regions talking about secession as a valid alternative. Will this idea ever catch on in mainstream parts of the Northeast or the West Coast?
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

no
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

While it's a possibility, I think something a little more controversial than Bush II's recrowning will be necessary.

Comment

Re: Secession: Has it become a reasonable idea?

Originally posted by monkspider
        Ever since the Bush re-election, I have heard more and more commentators from various regions talking about secession as a valid alternative. Will this idea ever catch on in mainstream parts of the Northeast or the West Coast?
        All they've got to do is ask.
        "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
        I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
        --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Yay!! Fireworks displays!

Secession
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

the Cistrict of Columbia would be the first to go. Now that would be funny.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And by "Cistrict" I of course mean "Cistern". Or possibly "District".

Not sure.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                While it's a possibility, I think something a little more controversial than Bush II's recrowning will be necessary.
                Give him a minute. I'm sure he'll think of something stupid to pull soon enough.

Comment

YEAH AND THE LIBERALS COULD ALSO GET ALL GUNS AND GO TO MONTANA AND HOLE UP IN BUNKERS TO WAIT FOR BU****LER'S BLACK HELICOPTERS

no wait
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Now that he's a second term pres he'll damn the polls and do what he wants. Which is screw over everybody of course.

Not that it's different then now...
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

That would require you to have followers other than internet chained computer geeks and out of work acting students living on their parents dime.

But as the last schsim showed, only conservative elitists have the balls to attempt such a thing, and only Republicans have the gumption to quell it. Leaves you liberals out in the rain
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

But he beleives he's right. 'Cause Jesus told him so.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                          Which is screw over everybody of course.
                          'cept Cheney and ChumsTM
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

But as the last schsim showed, only conservative elitists have the balls to attempt such a thing, and only Republicans have the gumption to quell it. Leaves you liberals out in the rain
                            Well then why don't you conservative elists and Republicans start shooting each other. We won't get in the way.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Unfortunetly we have merged, making us an unstoppable force, like you have just experianced.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X