Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secession: Has it become a reasonable idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secession is a bit much. Go for expanding states' rights and let the southerners burn in the fires of their own crosses.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Let federal government cut taxes and services as much as it wants. Laugh as poor red states realise they've been living off charity.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Laugh as poor red states realise they've been living off charity
        I think your inner cities will burn your whole cities to the ground first.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

My inner cities?
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I suggest you take a look at median income in red and blue state, P...
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I hardly see the point when talking about the inner cities of the Blue states.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

The US should really split. The Blue states could form two new wealthy and enlightened countries. The red states could join the third world.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                  I hardly see the point when talking about the inner cities of the Blue states.
                  And I still don't get your point.

The blue states give more to the federal government than do the red states. The fact that there are poor sections of the blue states means nothing. The rich parts more than make up for it.

Your comment was a red herring.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                    The US should really split. The Blue states could form two new wealthy and enlightened countries. The red states could join the third world.
                    Canada would take in NE.

The West Coast could just be culturally assimilated.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah, I am sure that is how it would work.

I would like to point out which states the majority of the military power is concentrated, as well as where the majority of the people manning that power come from, and then who they voted for in the election.

Have fun accessing your offshore account from your smoking crater.

Comment

Canada would take in NE.

The West Coast could just be culturally assimilated.
                        That's a good idea, more votes for the Liberals and NDP.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

And I still don't get your point.
                          That sounds like a personal problem.

The majority of the Blue mega cities use far more federal money than they give, minus finacial transatctions which while monitored and run in a place do not originate there. Subtract the more conservative rural areas of your Blue states and no, the liberal sections (which I suppose is the point being a secession thread) are not as weathy as you think.

Comment

I would support Southern Secession. The rest of you can have the northeast.
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

That sounds like a personal problem.

The majority of the Blue mega cities use far more federal money than they give, minus finacial transatctions which while monitored and run in a place do not originate there. Subtract the more conservative rural areas of your Blue states and no, the liberal sections (which I suppose is the point being a secession thread) are not as weathy as you think.
                              Now we're breaking up individual states? Pick an issue and stick with it, you silly silly man.

red herring

go look it up, sweetheart
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I didn't realize you had the secession rule bool.

#124. All citizens a state, once seceded, are required to abandon all personal convictions.

Comment

Working...
                                X