Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL United States Presidential Election Thread!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Not a whole hell of a lot unless you count the stories of Dems opposing his quest to get on ballots.
    I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
    For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio

    Comment


    • #32
      How would you (anyone) characterise the CBS coverage of the election or in general? It's just that us Finns are stuck with a live feed of CBS' programming (better than nothing, certainly) and I was wondering what kind of grains of salt I should be taking in the morning (it's 2 to 6 AM here ).
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

      Comment


      • #33
        The use and defense of forged documents in a news story wasn't enough of a clue?
        I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
        For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio

        Comment


        • #34
          Not a whole hell of a lot unless you count the stories of Dems opposing his quest to get on ballots.


          Um... you mean like how he got no press on how he cost Gore the election in 2000?

          Nader is only on 35 or so ballots, while Badnarik is on all of them. Nader is counted in the polls (Bush/Kerry/Nader is one done). Most people have no clue who Badnarik is. He is never included on a poll.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

          Comment


          • #35
            Most voters don't have a clue who Badarnik is- he would do well with .5% of the vote nationwide.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by GePap
              I have seen about 5 commercials for the presidential campaign this whole year-mostly on cable news.

              For some insane reason, I have seen more ads for Bergen County Sheriff than I have for the senate race here in NY- how much money do candidates for Bergen County Sheriff spend, that they buy airtime in the biggest TV market in the US?
              Did you hear the radio commercials?

              How many complaints do you think they received before they realized that astronomy and astrology were not the same thing?

              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

              Comment


              • #37
                Standard fare of accusing your opponent of being a homo sapiens or a pediatrician. Enough stupid people will get confused that it might help.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by The Mad Monk


                  Did you hear the radio commercials?

                  How many complaints do you think they received before they realized that astronomy and astrology were not the same thing?

                  I don't listen to radio, except as a wakeup call- ron and cuby unfortunately.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Um... you mean like how he got no press on how he cost Gore the election in 2000?
                    Like I said the Greens got less than nothing in the way of press. I don't forsee any possibility of the Libs getting the press Nader gets.
                    I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
                    For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Darn,
                      The Fahrenheit 911 -dvd hits the stores here on friday 5th november. It would have been a fun documentary to watch before the documentaries offered by our national network of those two candidates...

                      I hope the elections go smoother than four years ago - the florida fumbled the whole thing like some novice country.
                      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I don't know them -- you mean Curtis and Kuby?
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                          I don't know them -- you mean Curtis and Kuby?
                          Yes, Curtis and Kuby-
                          God, what morons- and I have the sad suspicion that they are middle of the road talk radion people, thought kuby talks of Hannity like he were some hero, and not some orangutan with a tie (I am sorry to insult the orangutans out there )
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I think radio doesn't matter that much in this election. With a Republican President, people like Limbaugh have been neutered, but they are trying to grasp all the straws they can.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by GePap
                              Yes, Curtis and Kuby-
                              God, what morons- and I have the sad suspicion that they are middle of the road talk radion people, thought kuby talks of Hannity like he were some hero, and not some orangutan with a tie (I am sorry to insult the orangutans out there )
                              Apology accepted. I mean, oops

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by DinoDoc
                                The use and defense of forged documents in a news story wasn't enough of a clue?
                                Oh, so that was CBS. It's not like I keep track of them or anything. Which was why I asked.
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X