Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The European Parliament: now with balls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euronites, true euros...gimme a break

why dont you use terms other people can understand?
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

And btw you are dripping on the carpet

- Paul Valery

Comment

dripping on the carpet? speak english please.

What's up spin doctors?

We're not going to move forward until we have settled the issue with unequality. That's my MAIN beef, when that's handled, we can move on. You're trying to discard that little fact and move on anyway. How nice of everyone.

So what are we going to do about that? I find it ironic, that the bastion of moral upper grounds is trying to do chewbacca defense on this issue.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Its about time I get back dreaming remember

If you can hold it perhaps we could continue this tomorrow. Just take it easy now.

- Paul Valery

Comment

WEll if you are unwilling to engage what we can do about the unequality, I'm not iunterested. That's the point that is needed to be solved before anything else can happen. That's it. I find it weird if anyone would disagree with me on that. That we shouldn't get pass on that first. I'm not ready to move my position anywhere forward until this issue is properly addressed.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

So Pekka, how is it like in Finland? Does Ylitornio have the same power as Helsinki?

But I guess that's different, isn't it?
              The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

dammit! How do you expect 5 million people to be equal with 80 or 60? In the individual level, yes, but as a politico-economic entity never

- Paul Valery

Comment

cat has four legs, dog has four legs -> false logics, once again. **** are you people educated or what? Just learn basic logic 101, I'm sure some internet courses are available. Indicators and equivalency problems you have, check it out from a book.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Just for the record, as I said a few posts earlier, I don't think power is well distributed at the moment and that's one of the reasons I want EU to be federal. To ensure the rights of the small states.
                    Conversely, I think it's unavoidable that the large states get more power than the small ones. It would be unfair to them otherwise (I hope you understand my reasoning here).

Comment

• CI, I understand what you say and mean.
                      In da butt.

Comment

• Good

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
                          Just for the record, as I said a few posts earlier, I don't think power is well distributed at the moment and that's one of the reasons I want EU to be federal. To ensure the rights of the small states.

That's nonsense. Right now the EU is a confederation, and a weak one at that. It's probably only a bit more powerful than the US under the Articles of Confederation. Members can secede from the EU, right? A federal government would establish permanently a government superior to that of the individual national governments.

Conversely, I think it's unavoidable that the large states get more power than the small ones. It would be unfair to them otherwise (I hope you understand my reasoning here).
                          Of course. The question is, should any of them have power over the others at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            That's nonsense. Right now the EU is a confederation, and a weak one at that. It's probably only a bit more powerful than the US under the Articles of Confederation. Members can secede from the EU, right? A federal government would establish permanently a government superior to that of the individual national governments.
                            I guess I could have phrased it differently. Sure, I guess any state can leave the EU if it wishes, without having to go to war. My point was basically that the big states should not dominate the small ones too much.
                            Regarding a federal european "superstate", I obviously wouldn't mind that at all

Comment

• My point was that establishing such a state would not be a change for greater protection of the rights of small states.

Comment

• Either you don't understand what I'm trying to say, or I'm just too tired to make my point clear. So I'm going to bed now

Comment

Working...
                                X