X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers win!

Comment

• And they play the Redskins next week.

The fate of the US Presidential election hinges on the Packers - if they win, history says Kerry will win the election, since for the past 17 elections, I think it was, if the Redskins lost or tied their last game before the election the party in power was voted out.

Go Pack go!

Comment

• Haha... when Reis gets to see his Buccanears they'll get killed by the Chiefs, who are just hitting their stride.

I don't make the mistake of paying for Falcons games. Yeah, Diss, they need a top notch WR... NONE of their WR get seperation from the D. Look at what T.O. has done in Philly!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• With Grady back stuffing the run, the Packers suddenly look good again.

Biggest shocker of the day: Miami.
          Biggest disappointment : Jets, holding NE to 13 and losing.

Goofy stat of the day: Baltimore defense scoring 27 fantasy points against me for Diss (while my two All-Star WRs combine for 16 total yards and 3.8 points).
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Biggest disappointment : Jets, holding NE to 13 and losing.

To be fair, on the drive where the Pats scored the winning TD (end of the 1st half), there was a BS roughing the passer call that allowed the drive to continue.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Is there a bigger fake playoff contender than the Atlanta Falcons? They have no idea how to use Vick in an offense. Posers.

The Eagles are truly the NFL's elite team..

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg9000

The Eagles are truly the NFL's elite team..

Gave us a bit of a scare yesterday, but the birds came through in the end. Actually, it was the first game that really held my attention start-to-finish this season.
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuie

Gave us a bit of a scare yesterday, but the birds came through in the end. Actually, it was the first game that really held my attention start-to-finish this season.

It would have been a shame if they had lost because of that bogus roughing-the-passer call on Dawkins during Browns final drive in regulation.

I think Lito Sheppard is overrated. Yes, he has had 3 picks in the last two weeks but I see him constantly out of position and getting flat out beat by opposing receivers...

Comment

• Jeff Garcia

Comment

It would have been a shame if they had lost because of that bogus roughing-the-passer call on Dawkins during Browns final drive in regulation.
                      That was total crap. I practically threw my Yuengling at the TV screen I was so pissed.

Then again, I think the play clock ran out on McNabb before he called the last time-out in OT and that didn't get called, so it all evened out in the end....
                      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Winning teams find ways to win no matter what the calls... bad teams use bad calls as an excuse. The Refs are just one more element of the game that teams need to deal with, and usually the bad calls even out. People forget the calls that go in their favor, but harp on the ones that don't...
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                          Winning teams find ways to win no matter what the calls... bad teams use bad calls as an excuse. The Refs are just one more element of the game that teams need to deal with, and usually the bad calls even out. People forget the calls that go in their favor, but harp on the ones that don't...
                          Yes all of that is true, but it is kind of hard to even out a bad call that keeps a team alive, as in this case. If that penalty was not called, Browns turn the ball over on downs and lose the game in regulation. And losing the game that way would be a shame. This type of penalty should be reviewable but it is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Jeff Garcia

He had a really good game. He is a tough player. He beat the Eagles in OT last year..

Comment

• I like him better than T.O. (as a person, mind) over this whole 'who is gay' stuff.

Comment

Yes all of that is true, but it is kind of hard to even out a bad call that keeps a team alive, as in this case. If that penalty was not called, Browns turn the ball over on downs and lose the game in regulation. And losing the game that way would be a shame. This type of penalty should be reviewable but it is not.
                                Yeah... it's tough when a bad call happens late in the game and people can point at it and say the outcome of the game would have been different... but those same calls usually happen early in the game, and get forgotten... The Zebras are just part of the game... and there is nothing that can be done about it. The good teams still manage to win... and the bad teams have a ready made excuse.
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X