Cheney Outrage...Or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiglaf
    I suggest we all start talking about Teresa Heinz Ketchup Whore, and how she owns an island, and how she will run the ****ing country with her wealth if Kerry is elected.
    Glad to see you're against capitalism, comrade!
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Money should not be in the hands of foreigners married to a potential candidate. Kerry-Edwards '04 is a roundabout way of electing a Mexican President.

Comment

Either you're for capitalism or you're against it. You're opposed to rich people running the show, so you're against capitalism, commie.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

I similarly agree with this statement as well. But you would note none of this would be an issue if Kerry wouldn't have crossed the line in the first place.
          Since I do not see where Kerry has insulted anyone of the Cheney family in that last debate, how could Kerry have crossed any line??
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

never mind
            Last edited by MrFun; October 15, 2004, 17:15.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              How about you do us ALL a favor, and you shut up?
              And MrFun misses the point, again.

Comment

Since I do not see where Kerry has insulted anyone of the Cheney family in that last debate, how could Kerry have crossed any line??
                Please read my earlier posts on the unwritten rules of involving family members regardless of issue.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Welcome to the fold, Comrade Wiglaf
                  Glory to Lenin! Right?
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Please read my earlier posts on the unwritten rules of involving family members regardless of issue.

You mean like how Bush had his daughters show up at the Republican convention and have them produce a speech??

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

And MrFun misses the point, again.

Comment

You mean like how Bush had his daughters show up at the Republican convention and have them produce a speech??

Riiight.

lets break it down.

Familial support good...

Talking about your opponents family poor form.

Were that not the case, Bush should have claimed Kerry's daughter's nipples were too small.
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

"And as for why republicans are outraged - obviously homosexuality is a sensitive topic, a moron could see that."

So it means you can't talk about it? The thing with homosexuality is, that lot of it is just myth, a lot of that negativity that people pick up from it is exactly because it is a taboo. To talk about it helps acceptance of it at the end. Was Kerry trying to achieve this? I don't think he had that in mind when he mentioned it. However, the fact remains, his daughter is a lesbian, now it's no big deal unless you make it a big deal by raising those questions, and keep it a taboo.

"And clearly Cheney finds it tough to have a gay daughter and be in an administration that is rightfully preventing gay marriage, god bless."

So why is he putting his suit on every day to serve this administration, if it doesn't accept his daughter the way she is? The problem is NOT his daughter being lesbian. The problem is he accepts the negativity of homosexualist myths and taboos by working with and for someone that encourages that to be kept as a taboo. He could work in there, to say, fight this. Why doesn't he do that? Why doesnt' he fight for his own daughters side? He cares more about his job than his daughter? .... well I don't think that would be true, but clearly he doesn't fully accept homosexualism. He just makes a pass with his own daughter and deals with it as necessary evil it seems like.

" Cheney and the Republicans don't have true conviction, is just bull**** and uncalled for."

Oh wasn't it Cheney that implicated, that if Kerry is chosen and Bush is not, the terrorists will strike the US? which is worse. Or to question his patriotism, while he was the one in Vietnam? Which is worse.

Even though Kerry could have just shut up about it, the issue is not Kerry. The issue is with Cheney. Why is he trying to get outraged with his fellow party men, when he could turn this EASILY into landslide victory, by giving a strong speech, taking her daughter to the stage, hugging her and telling he loves her and supports her decisions and that he is comfortable with it? This would make Kerry a jerk and Cheney a ****ing huge hero, American style!

But I guess he really is uncomfortable. Maybe he needs to do little bit adjusting and soul searching.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Were that not the case, Bush should have claimed Kerry's daughter's nipples were too small.
                            Which would be an insult.

Kerry didn't insult Cheney's daughter, he didn't insult the family.

-Drachasor
                            "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

Riiight.

lets break it down.

Familial support good...

So even when a candidate brings up an opponent's daughter such as how Edwards brought it up in a respectful manner, it is still wrong to express respect in that way?

And even if at the very worst, how Kerry brought it up, was tactless but no vicious intent, that Republicans need to huff and puff until they are red in the face over basically something that was at worst, tactless??

Comment

It was tacky. Kerry should have avoided altogether, and failing that, should have prefaced it by talking about the Cheney's as a strong and decent family before talking about Mary Cheney.

Comment

Working...
                                X