No announcement yet.

Yankees: $200 Million doesn't buy you a Soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, even if the Sox don't make history (and only the most blindly faithful of us think they will...which is, I guess, most of us), at least we don't have to live with being swept by our rivals.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Just announced Curt Schilling WILL be the starting pitcher should the series move to Game 6.
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• you guys like that? did i not say that we own rivera? it was bill mueller again who came through in the clutch. plus posada not throwing out roberts even though he got a fastball and a great pitch to throw him out on.

that felt so good watching rivera flop around helplessly on the mound as he missed mueller's rock up the middle.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• the yanks folded quicker than a plastic espn lawn chair after the ninth. not even payrod could drive in captain america from second with one out.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
            that felt so good watching rivera flop around helplessly on the mound as he missed mueller's rock up the middle.
            That was indeed one of the top 10 sights of this season

Comment

• The Red Sox will be moved the NL East to make it possible for a Yankees - Red Sox WS and therefore higher TV ratings. The Expos will realign and become the Washington Senators and will be the doormat for the Yanks. Ridiculous? Not as ridiculous as the Yankees payroll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                you guys like that? did i not say that we own rivera? it was bill mueller again who came through in the clutch. plus posada not throwing out roberts even though he got a fastball and a great pitch to throw him out on.

And yet you guys did not win against Rivera- you tied it, but it was the fact the Yanks did not score on the top of the 10th, 11th, or 12th that did them in.

On the prediction scorebox rioght now:

Lawrence batting .000
                GePap batting 1.000

Lets see if anything chages....
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• I'm just happy the BoSox won one so the Yankees don't have crazy momentum going in the World Series.

Comment

• And yet you guys did not win against Rivera- you tied it, but it was the fact the Yanks did not score on the top of the 10th, 11th, or 12th that did them in.
                    no, we beat the yankees because we beat rivera. when he gave up the lead even yankee fans knew it was over - Flash "everything is flashing cuz I got a champaign cork in my eye" Gordon just happened to be the unlucky one to get the lose, but when we beat the yanks MVP, captain america knew it was over.

Lawrence batting .000
                    GePap batting 1.000
                    maybe, but my OPS is 2.000

Comment

• jeter throws posada under the bus, saying if his throw was on a line, roberts would have been out at 2nd.

Comment

• If you are batting .000, your OPS can, at most, be 1.000 (since the SLG is at .000). Just a slight nitpick .

Oh, and yes, Rivera definetly isn't as good against the BoSox, that's 8 Blown Saves against the Red Sox since 2001.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• 8 blown saves in 23 chances. thats horrendous. 15/23 = less than 2/3 conversion rate.

Comment

• fine, my OPSC is 2.000

Comment

• Maybe my math is not like baseball math:

so here it goes: Lawrence has made 4 predictions:

Soxs in 4, then in 5, then in 6, then in 7.

three of those have been shown wrong. We are waiting on the last.

I have made 2 predictions- Boston was not going to get swept, and there will be no game 7 (same as saying Yankees in 5 or 6). I have been right once, and we are waiting on the last.

As for Rivera- sorry, but everyone in the Yankees org. is a team- the batters had 3 more innings of work to do and they failed. Yes, it would have been nice for Mariano to prove me wrong, but things happen. It should not have been a one run game by then.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• dp

Comment

Working...
                                X