Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees: $200 Million doesn't buy you a Soul

#$%@54
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

And Mariano showed more soul than any of the hippy Soxs today.

Eat that Beantown!
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Its like I said: If the pitching can keep the game close, the Sox will win it.

If Curt Schilling had been Curt Schilling tonight, you'd be looking at a very different story.

Hopefully he'll be in better shape when he pitches game 4.
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Right.....just like you said.....

Oh, and lawrence- having the second highest payroll in baseball sort of nizes the whole "poor team" bit. Anyone spending over 100 Million has no leg to stand on.

Comment

Watching that almost makes me believe in that stupid curse. Curt Schilling is one of the most clutch players in the history of baseball. I don't know if it was his ankle or something else, but he sucked tonight.

I fully expect that the Sox will throw up about 7 runs every game. The pitching just needs to be there.
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Stupid yankees!

I want the Red Sox to win this series and lose the World Series so that their fans will whine.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Oh, and lawrence- having the second highest payroll in baseball sort of nizes the whole "poor team" bit. Anyone spending over 100 Million has no leg to stand on.

yeah? image what sort of team we'd have with $200 million?
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I dunno, one that would still find a way to lose?

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                  yeah? image what sort of team we'd have with $200 million?
                  As Arrian asked, a still loosing team?

In the past 9 seasons since the strike, many other teams have shown one season or another they had better pitching, better offense, fielding, a deeper bullpen than the Yanks- but the one thing no team has exceeded these Yanks in (the 2002 Angels were closest) in "heart" and "soul". They are a team-just look ta those numbers Imran always brings out, showing the Yankees have won more games than just their raw numbers would indicate. That comes from somewere.

Comment

You're absolutely nuts.
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

Comment

You are a Red Sox fans:

1. That disqualifies you from the sane column
                      2. That makes you utterly blind to the achievements of this Yankee team from '95 on.

Comment

i am a red sox fan:

1. that means im not a bandwagon fan
                        2. that means im not a spoiled brat whose team wins everyyear
                        3. that means im not a heartless drone

no matter how much heart and soul Tampa Bay has they wont win anything. the 2001 Dbacks, 2002 angels, 2003 Marlins, and 2004 red sox are all better than yanks are in every catgory except for arrogance, payroll, and number of bandwagon fans.

Comment

@ LoA.

You know, there is one significant difference between the '01 D'backs, '02 Angels, '03 Marlins on the one hand and the '04 Red Sox on the other. Know what it is?

The first three teams actually went and beat the Yankees, and all three won the WS. The Red Sox have not done that yet. They have a chance to do it, but haven't done it yet. And they're down 0-1, with their best pitcher quite possibly out of the picture. Not an auspicious beginning.

The Sox do not belong in the same sentence as those three prior World Champions. It's amusing to see you making claims of arrogance in reference to Yankees fans. Win first, brag later, LoA. That's how it works. Otherwise, it's known as "bluster" and doesn't amount to much more than a pile of ****.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

no brag now, cuz there might not be a time later.

Comment

New York Yankee Payroll: $200,000,000
                              New York Yankee Scouts: $30,000,000
                              Hand Broken Punching Clubhouse Wall: $500,000
                              Sox Winning in Five: PRICELESS

there are some things money can't buy . . .

but dont tell that to $teiny

go get em, yank their sox off.

Comment

Working...
                              X