No announcement yet.

Yankees: $200 Million doesn't buy you a Soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sportscenter sez: curt has a torn ligament.

and dont tell me about our inability to take on mariano - we own him. remember that 3 run homer off him on july 24? his save percentage against us is around 70%. thats low compared to the rest of the league.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

2 down, 2 to go.

As for you guys "owning" Mariano..well, do you guys plan to demostrate that any time soon?
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

soon, gepap, soon

just in time to break those black hearts of yours.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

We have to keep things in perspective. Yes, pitching unexpected pitching problems have arisen, but we still have a very, very quality lineup and other pitchers as well.

At this point, Yankees fans might begin to confuse the numbers "2" and "4". Don't.
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

Comment

The Red Sox fans are getting mad.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                soon, gepap, soon

just in time to break those black hearts of yours.
                Originally posted by monolith94
                We have to keep things in perspective. Yes, pitching unexpected pitching problems have arisen, but we still have a very, very quality lineup and other pitchers as well.

At this point, Yankees fans might begin to confuse the numbers "2" and "4". Don't.

Interestingly enough, not I, not Arrian, nor Reismark (the only other Yankee fan here I can think of) ever predicted a Yankee sweep. The only predictions made were Sox sweep and sox in 5. Both already proven wrong.

As for "bad pitching"- Pedro pitched fine- 3 runs is not a huge thing. Maybe you guys want to forget it, but what has won these two games is good Yankee pitching. Lieber shut down the vaunted Sox offense, and Mariano did it again.

Maybe its time for Sox fans to realize that the mantra "Yankees suck" does not actually make the Yankees suck. You don;t sweep these Yankees- no one has swept them since 1995 in a post season series.

Does Boston have a chance to win? Of course- but they will have to work hard, cause these Yankees do not let themselves be pushed aside.

Comment

/me says that didn't work, will try again.
                  CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                  Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                  Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                  Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Here's a little something for all the sportswriters and pundits who insisted that the Yankee rotation had no chance whatsoever of hanging with Boston's...
                    Attached Files
                    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

yankee pitching + the juice guy: sheffroid

hows that cream feeling? bonds tricked him my @##.

Comment

the second time around, the yankee rotation will get rocked. everyhorse has his day, eh lieber?

Comment

aye
                          Attached Files

Comment

doit
                            Attached Files

Comment

so true
                              Attached Files

Comment

Bragging doesn;t win games Lawrence. We just had two examples of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X