Yankees: $200 Million doesn't buy you a Soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
    cant wait till pedro puts his daddy in a retirement home.
    Typical. 3 hours before gametime, and you're all cocky.

Seems to me you were cocky before last night's game, too. You predicted a sweep, actually.

Hey, keep it up. It seems to be working out nicely for me.

-Arrian

p.s. I think Pedro will pitch well, actually. The question is whether Lieber hangs with him or gets bombed.
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

He is alwasy cocky-then the sox loose and he starts ranting, then he gets cocky again-

its all pretty sad bravado.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The Yankees serve a valueable public service. Actually, more than one:

1) They are the perfect foil. To be the hero, you must beat the Yankees. The Yankees are the perfect enemy, the team you love to hate. Without them, fans of other teams (especially the Red Sox) couldn't work themselves into a frenzy of hate.

2) They help prevent the Red Sox from winning, which would as we all know result in some sort of Cataclysm - possibly the Apocalypse (though some believe this requires a Cubs-Red Sox WS).

3) They provide a comfortable retirement home for over-the-hill former superstars, who become bench players and make a few million, swallow their pride a bit and get a shot at a ring (memo to Kenny Lofton: STFU about playing time, *****).

See, the Yankees are as American as apple pie!

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Seems to me you were cocky before last night's game, too. You predicted a sweep, actually.
          and? was i wrong? if schilling pitched even mediocre compared to what he did, we woulda won big time.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

and? was i wrong? if schilling pitched even mediocre compared to what he did, we woulda won big time.
            IF, IF, IF

Give it up: If the team with the best record in the AL deserves to represent the AL in the world series, well, thats the Yankees. Just remember that in the old system the Yankees would already be in the World Series and you guys would be sitting at home.

Comment

But he didn't, and you didn't. The Sox lost.

If Pedro pitches like the Pedro of old, the Sox probably win tonight. Will he? That remains to be seen. This is why they actually play the games, you know...

-Arrian

Comment

If the team with the best record in the AL deserves to represent the AL in the world series, well, thats the Yankees. Just remember that in the old system the Yankees would already be in the World Series and you guys would be sitting at home.
                if the team with the most heart and soul deserves to represent the AL in the world seres, well, the yankees wouldnt even have a .500 year.
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Well, I am torn-if the Sox do win the series, half of Boston will burn and hundreds of Sox fans may die in the violence and form heart attacks?

Hmm, Yankee victory, or many less Sox Fans?

I mean, we will be back tommorrow....

Oh, and as for the payroll claim-how come the Yankees can win when 2nd in payroll, but the Red Sox fail completely when 2nd in payroll? You guys can't even throw money aorund well.

Comment

[url]
                    if the team with the most heart and soul deserves to represent the AL in the world seres, well, the yankees wouldnt even have a .500 year.
                    Which is crap, given the Yankees had over 50 come from behind wins this year, and did better than their raw number would indidcate.

What else do you use as imperical proof of heart and soul?

Give it up you bitter, angry Sox fan. its sad.

Comment

Oh, and as for the payroll claim-how come the Yankees can win when 2nd in payroll, but the Red Sox fail completely when 2nd in payroll? You guys can't even throw money aorund well.
                      the yanks have only won once with the second highest payroll - every horse has its day.

Which is crap, given the Yankees had over 50 come from behind wins this year, and did better than their raw number would indidcate.

What else do you use as imperical proof of heart and soul?

Give it up you bitter, angry Sox fan. its sad.
                      the yankees had a LOOSING record against teams with a winning record. (or at .500) so much for heart, they dont battle at all. they expect everyone to roll over and worship them for their yankeeness.

Comment

i bet all you guys enjoyed listening to Buck spewing all over Matsui and the yanks last nite. we might as well rename FOX to YES.

Comment

the yanks have only won once with the second highest payroll - every horse has its day.
                          You guys have had 86 years to try-loosers.

the yankees had a LOOSING record against teams with a winning record. (or at .500) so much for heart, they dont battle at all. they expect everyone to roll over and worship them for their yankeeness.

Yeah, they don;t battle-thats why they beat you guys yesterday....

Soxfandom is really pathetic. Even Cubs fan are less embiterred, angry trolls.

Comment

they beat us because our pitcher wasnt right - did you see how limp they were when it was 8-7? that stadium got so quiet and joe buck was so desperate to take the attention off the game that he had to show the boone homerun twice, and recap matsuis 5 rbis 4 times in the final 3 innings.

Comment

And then the game ended 10-7, Yankees win, Sox lose. Get it throught your head- even if one pitcher self-destructs , you get to switch him- the fact that for 6 inning the Sox could do nothing vs. Mussina is what killed you, that and you inability to take on Mariano.

Give your rantings a break-all that hate and bitterness is not healthy.

The trully sad fact is that even if the Sox were to win, their fans would still have an inferiority complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                                some sort of Cataclysm - possibly the Apocalypse
                                Hello
                                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X