Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
    From CNN.com:

Let's see: 1066 goes into 1205... carry the one... numerate the denominator... cross the wires... spread the cheaks... blow my brains out... almost twice! By golly, it really IS 50%!

Bloody f*cking Hell Mr. Cheney, even MY math isn't that bad. Observe...

1066 / 1205 = 0.884647302904...

So roughly 88%, pretty close to an even 90%. Go cheney yourself, dickhead.

I don't feel well today, so I'm not going to watch the rest of the debate until later (recording it). I just wanted to get this off my chest since I had a math test this morning. I may have flunked the math on that test, but I'll be God damned if I can't figure out how to find a simple percentage.
    You need to count Iraqi security forces. Are you even listening to the debate?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Hmm. They both seem to be repeating what we've already seen in the previous debate, but Cheney does a better job at it precisely because Bush did such a horrible job.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        I think Edwards is saying 'When John KErry is our president' too much. It sounds like he is Kerry's little lap dog and fan. Cheney carries himself better in this aspect IMO.
        That's because Bush is Cheney's lap dog. :rimshot:
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Hmm. Cheneys response on this subject is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
            By saying that, apparantly you're demeaning Iraqis according to Cheney. Why are you such a racist, DRoseDARs?
            Because a-rabs are dirty, smelly people who are only good for their oil*. So go f*ck yourself you freedom-hating, cheese-eating, terrorist-sympathsizing, surrender-monkey.

*But nt the Saudis. They bathe. Nr are the Libyans. They gave up The Bmb. They're our friends.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Edwards response to Cheneys response was really weak.

Comment

Giancarlo has entered the debate and says and I quote (through PM):

I believe Cheney has totally shredded and embarrassed Edwards and not even the most liberal democrats could deny that. Cheney has dominated the debate, and really pounded Edwards with facts. Edwards is too simplistic and is not conveying his message properly enough. He doesn't respond well to the Vice President's attacks and has stumbled many times.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Anyone notice how everytime Cheney corrects Edwards' facts, Edwards just repeats his incorrect facts again.
                  'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                  G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                    Anyone notice how everytime Cheney corrects Edwards' facts, Edwards just repeats his incorrect facts again.
                    Very true.

Comment

Lots of good Haliburton stuff. About damn time Cheney's called on that.
                      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                      -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                        Though some of the "corrections" are a bit dubious....I'm not the best at math, but I'm pretty sure 68+70 != 1,000+

Comment

diplmat, well, for example the 90% claim is really not a non-fact, it's a way of counting. From his point, he is right and his facts are correct. But so is Cheney.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                            He's used his "90%" speech twice now.
                            Because Cheney misunderstood what he said. 90% of the COALITION casualties were American. Cheney said that Iraqis make up a big part of casualites. Edwards reiterated because Iraq wasn't a part of the coalition to invade...Iraq.

On another note...Edwards made a pretty damning case against Halliburton. I'm glad to finally see it put so coherently on the national stage. All Cheney could say is "you know we're not guilty". Yeah, and neither was OJ.
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

So...Kerry's invading Palestine?
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Nelson Mandela! Didn't think Edwards would bring that up. Nice.
                                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X