No announcement yet.

The Battle of the VPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD, true. I don't even feel European. But you see, for Americans you have to say 'I'm European'.. if I say 'I'm Finnish' they say 'what did you have?'.

In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
      Come out you cowardly lackey mod who did it!
      Get it straight... it's MINION, not lackey

Oh, and yeah, I deleted them... and there were some "discussions" via PM on the topic

But back on topic...
      As far as the debate goes, Cheney scored the first victory already by having the format a "sit down" vs a standing one. Edwards legal experience makes him FAR more effective standing vs sitting... The political experts this morning on the radio were pretty positive that this will work in Cheney's favor...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sitting bull?

Comment

physical posture is really that decisive in a debate?

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
            physical posture is really that decisive in a debate?
            It was my thought that they went with sitting because standing that long would be hard on Cheney's health. Maybe there are two prongs to it though.

Anyhow, I still think that Rumsfeld's and Bremer's comments within the last 24 hours or so that Edwards has been given a nice advantage there. It can still go either way though, but I will cross my fingers for Edwards.

-Drachasor
            "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

Decisive... no way. But Cheney needs all the help he can get...

Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sitting will help Cheney big time. I don't know how much people remember about the 2000 VP debate, but it made it look more friendly and Cheney seemed like a nice, affable guy.

I think think Cheney wins big. He just knows a ton more about policy than Edwards.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  I think think Cheney wins big. He just knows a ton more about policy than Edwards.
                  Cheney is a really smart guy. You may not agree with his conclusions, but he definately has the gray matter.
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Sitting will help Cheney big time. I don't know how much people remember about the 2000 VP debate, but it made it look more friendly and Cheney seemed like a nice, affable guy.

I think think two of the same words right next to each other other do not not make sense.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

What would happen if Cheney stood up for 90 minutes?
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Why would anybody overseas watch this? I probably won't. It's not very important to the race most of the time.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Because we are interested about happenings outside our country . It's not all about hernekeitto, mämmi and knives.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                            I think think two of the same words right next to each other other do not not make sense
                            If you had had more time to think it over, you would have discovered that that is not always correct.

Comment

"he's more machine now than man... twisted and evil"

I'm going to play a drinking game... drink for every one of Cheney's heart attacks during the debate.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

To get back to the subject at hand, I'm actually looking forward to this debate just as much as the Bush/Kerry one. Not because it's equally important (obviously it isn't) but because I've read and heard much more about Edwards than I've actually seen for myself.

The fact that the debate doesn't commence before 03:00 still bothers me a great deal though. Hopefully I'll have the willpower that is necessary to stay awake until then.

Comment

Working...
                                X