• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evil, Evil Finland
    Winston's Diary
    any Historical Filth thread

oh **** it, any thread by Laz
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oh, the frog thread rules too.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

the general consensus was that Asher's destruction of the Mac forum was #1.

Utterly brilliant .

Evil, Evil Finland

Hehehe... I think every person in Finland posted to that. Laz opened up a can of... well whatever.

--

Oh, and the 'Excellent Adventure' threads PWN all!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The MBT was one of the best threads ever.

Well... at least I enjoyed the reactions of everybody who hated it.

Comment

the general consensus was that Asher's destruction of the Mac forum was #1.
            I'll trade that for the one where he spent 50 posts howling like a stuck pig over UR's appointment to moderator.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

No, I think the destruction of the mac forum tops that
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

There was Apolytown, including my bookstore and coffee shop.

Area 19 and the thread where Osweld, now General Ludd, links to the secret forum ("The Deal with G-Spot and Other Reviewers"). A number of people got caught in that, but I wasn't considered cool enough to be let in on the secret and was spared a lengthy vacation.

(Blowing my own horn): Arcade Challenge and Sci-Fi bookclub threads.

Chegitz's "Finally, a Democrat I could vote for!" (approximate title), exhorting Paul Wellstone... started mere hours before the Senator's death.

Sava's "Deregulation increased the vulnerability of the grid to failure", giving life to the now-classic retort: "I am an industry expert, doofus. It's what I do for a living."

Ming's "Faded Glory - Sad News!"

(Personally, again): "Growing up in an irreligious household." I might bring this one back to life on the SDMB...

Kidicious's "Is Profit Different from Unfair Tax?". Parts 1 and 2.

Speaking of Chegitz, anyone know the thread where he lost a quick $100 by betting Dean against the field (including Bush?)

Vesayen probing the central issues of the day in "How come the issue of droid slavery is never brought up in Star Wars?" On a similar note, GePap's (I think) "Star Wars is not Sci-Fi!" brought out the rabid in everybody.

Tassadar's "VERY Important Question".

OzzyKP's "You have Two Cows", which became a typical Apolyton circle jerk, but was fun nonetheless.

Sava has two cows.
                He keeps them in his closet,
                as to avoid drawing attention from the black helicopters

Agathon has two cows.
                One is a Liberal Arts Mac User.
                The other is a Comp-Sci PC fan.
                Agathon now has just one cow.

Ted will have two cows in about 85 years
                He'd hit them

Comment

Whatever, go **** yourself Tass.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Kidicious's "Is Profit Different from Unfair Tax?". Parts 1 and 2.
                    I read both of those, and I still don't really understand it.

OzzyKP's "You have Two Cows", which became a typical Apolyton circle jerk, but was fun nonetheless
                    That was a good one.

"I'm with stupid" was OK - for a while.

IIRC the thread in the old Civ3 Civilizations forum where panag tried to argue that the ancient Israelites were a world power on par with the Persians, Romans, etc. or words to that effect.

The one with Fez threatening to throw me out of a helicopter.

The one with Fez denying that he ever (that means ever you communist liars!) threatened to throw anyone from a helicopter.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

I liked the limerick thread, although Ben and I wrote almost all the limericks.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                        OzzyKP's "You have Two Cows", which became a typical Apolyton circle jerk, but was fun nonetheless.

Sava has two cows.
                        He keeps them in his closet,
                        as to avoid drawing attention from the black helicopters

Agathon has two cows.
                        One is a Liberal Arts Mac User.
                        The other is a Comp-Sci PC fan.
                        Agathon now has just one cow.

Ted will have two cows in about 85 years
                        He'd hit them
                        Cows:
                        Dancing Cows:
                        More Cowbell:
                        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

No, I forgot. The all-time, classic Apolyton thread, done when this forum was at it's peak in frenetic energy with a weary, newly-appointed mod trying to restore some semblance of order.

May I present:

Evan von Christoph's "MY DEMANDS!!"

This wasn't the one where he was screaming about enduring a cyber-attack from his DL, Emperor Creatszar (holed up in Italy somewhere, or some such shiite) - that was a day-long affair and was perhaps the most riotious thing I've seen posted.

No, this was the one where he posted his conditions for returning to the forums, a list so long and involved that you would've thought that he was negotiating a Balkan peace agreement. This started the usual laughing at/baiting of EVC, whereupon he got shriller and shriller until I remarked that his quacking made him Apolyton's Daffy Duck - a title that stuck, literally, as MarkG made it his official rank (settler, chieftan, warlord, etc), the first time a non-mod has been "honored." EVC hated it, but probably grew to secretly love it... you know he did.

Comment

I still remember the day EvC made a "Thread War", basically posting the words "THREAD WAR" in every thread on the first page that day. It really was good.

I like Thorn, but I somewhat miss his overzealous EvC character.
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

If Thorn reverts to EVC again... He's toast, and he knows it
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I liked the limerick thread, although Ben and I wrote almost all the limericks.
                                Yeah, we were really on a roll.

And I remember that other thread, "Growing up in an irreligious household."

We were something like 300 posts in and then we started to apologise for jacking the thread.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X