Best Poly Threads Ever!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the Mac forum thing about?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The Civ-Mac forum was being used for just general Mac techie threads, and Asher called Ming in on it. It basically killed all discussion in the forum, and there was (and still is) a huge, incredibly funny thread with Agathon and Drake getting all up in arms, calling Ming an ******* and such. They claimed Asher led them into the debates in the first place.

Comment

Here's the thread: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=99909

Comment

Monkspider's White Chocolate thread.

DRoseDARs
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Ooh, that was a goodie too

Comment

MikeH's Perl necklace.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

and the Hall of Fame which got gaytwatted, and Vince's ensuing protests.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Yes- that was hilarious. Poor old Vince was panicking.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                    Oh, the frog thread rules too.

Thank You!

Originally posted by Jaguar
                    The best thread I ever started got deleted by Ming. It wasn't even a spam thread or anything, but it got deleted because it had a somewhat contraversial poll option which might have sparked a flame war. But anyway, it produced this quote from Spiffor (paraphrased a little)

"Bestiality should only be illegal when it falls under the category of cruelty to animals, because in some cases, the animal is more than willing to participate."
                    I don't see anything that controversial in that...
                    I guess You liked my necrophilia thread too, then?
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

The thread complaining about "gay infection" - by Capt Drizle, IIRC.

Comment

The movie poster threads
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

monkspid'ers Mongol and White Chocolate threads, the later more so since it actually caught fishies.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            The movie poster threads
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

MBT
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Ogie's loss of Gabrielle.

Why Your Protestations Against Capitalism are Doomed to Failure...

There's Japher's good old Single Issue Voter, with a big meltdown by tandeetaylor where she goes from calling me "cool" to accusing me of flip-flopping in a mere two consecutive posts.

One of his better threads, Sava's Social Security Alternative.

Agathon's Affirmative Action for Conservative Professors

Ted Striker's unintentially hilarious 1918 Flu Killed 20 Million People!!!. Ted, buddy, thanks for the heads-up.

DanS's Mel Gibson's Gold Mine, about POTC. One of my favorite movie threads.

Vesayan's If you had $500,000 to put in stocks, what would you put it in-also stock stories! , where I got a "hearty " from no less an investment personage as Sten Sture... and UR advised to dump your stocks - at the bottom of the market valley, when the Dow was at 7,200.

Definitely can't forget Saras' Baby Cuteness, posted at the time of his life when he was realizing that he truly loves his son. You can tell.

The Book Clubs' Red Mars discussion, possibly our best one.
                                Last edited by JohnT; September 12, 2004, 14:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X