Apolyton Hall of Fame: September 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Solver
    I would love to think that people would vote for people whose contributions they know, although haven't personally experienced due to not reading a particular forum/playing a particular game.
    It just might spark enough interest to have someone actually visit that forum and see what is happening there as well! You just never know what will get someone's attention.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• I watch look and read these these posts and well, I guess Ming has the Number one slot in this or maybe he doesnt (authority)

I myself agree with the views and sides the Mods are taking......

This kinda reminds me at work..and that being said...I "had" to attach this one

Keep up the debates for I fear they be a spinning wheel..looks grteat spinning away but when all said and done.. will end up just tired and no further along the path to success

Peace

Gramps
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Fair point. I would love to think that people would vote for people whose contributions they know, although haven't personally experienced due to not reading a particular forum/playing a particular game. I would also surely vote for people like Xin Yu, despite not playing Civ 2.
        Xin Yu was a classic example of somebody who some of us thought was being ignored. I and others banded together to get him in the HOF. We all posted his contributions whenever we voted. It took more than one election, but we did it. Xin Yu very seldom posted in the OTF (just an occasional post when China came up), But by many of us constantly posting his contributions, he got the votes. The same can be done for ANY candidate. If you think somebody is deserving... DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, promote them, line up the votes... don't argue that we need to ignore the wishes of the voters and give a small group the power to override them.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

And that's what I'm arguing against. Why should a smaller group of people have better chances to get their candidate in? The HOF of fame is for the entire site... and everybody gets to vote... what can be more fairer that that.
          Exactly! Democracy is an active sport. If you want the majority to vote for something then you must give them a reason. This HoF is for the ENTIRE community. That is a pretty wide range of forums and people. You can spend years here and never visit some forums. That doesn't belittle some peoples contributions; it just makes them obscure in some peoples' view. The key is exposure...which is most peoples' beef with OTFers. OTF gets a lot of exposure, but so what? Other forums could promote themselves here easily. I seem to remember the Stories Forum doing just that not to long ago.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
            I guess Ming has the Number one slot in this or maybe he doesnt (authority)

I have no authority... I really am just a minion who does what the owners ask me to do. I do not set policy, I just enforce it.

However, I feel that I do have authority when it comes to the community. Not because I'm a staff member, but because I've been at Apolyton since the beginning, and posted on both the sites that were merged to create Apolyton. I'm a member of this community... and I've seen the history of the site as it happened. I lived it.
            So yeah, I guess I feel I need to speak up and defend the OTF'ers... because I remember most of these guys before there was even an OTF... and they are valued members of the gaming community and Apolyton.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

I have no authority... I really am just a minion who does what the owners ask me to do. I do not set policy, I just enforce it.

However, I feel that I do have authority when it comes to the community. Not because I'm a staff member, but because I've been at Apolyton since the beginning, and posted on both the sites that were merged to create Apolyton. I'm a member of this community... and I've seen the history of the site as it happened. I lived it.
              So yeah, I guess I feel I need to speak up and defend the OTF'ers... because I remember most of these guys before there was even an OTF... and they are valued members of the gaming community and Apolyton.

Ok..I guess in summary..any folks in the so called..."smaller communities " still have a chance to be voted in..although its hard it is still possible to climb to the top..

ok here is the ladder folks..

umm..sorry guys... the ladder you have been provided seems to be missing a few necessary rungs to climb

Ok

Lets just say that we all need to flood and spam...I mean Politic for the folks in our..smaller communities

Ok..we have our work cut out for now

LETS all get going and voye..vote..vote our favorite small community members in..ya hear me? VOTE!!!!!

Ok..lets rock on dudes
              Attached Files

Comment

• And that's what I'm arguing against. Why should a smaller group of people have better chances to get their candidate in? The HOF of fame is for the entire site... and everybody gets to vote... what can be more fairer that that.

I should have said it better. Not better chances than larger groups, but better chances than they have now. Ideally, the chances should be about equal, or at least close to that.

And Ming, your being here since the very beggining is exactly why I trust you know the matter at hand better than any of us, including DarkCloud himself.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I should have said it better. Not better chances than larger groups, but better chances than they have now. Ideally, the chances should be about equal, or at least close to that.
                  And again... everything is equal right now. People vote for whoever they want. What I'm hearing is that some people don't want it to be equal... they want their small groups to have more power than the larger groups. And I just don't see that as being right.

Grandpa summed it up better than I can.

PROMOTE... VOTE... MAKE YOUR CASE. That's how it supposed to work. While some of the people mentioned have probably earned the right to be in, that's not how it works. Everybody has their own opinions, and the current systems respects that. It gives all voters across the site the chance to let their voice be heard. Maybe some small groups should start speaking a little louder
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Grandpa summed it up better than I can. Thats why I so often PM him for advice to handle petty claims and who I should or should not ban....

This is additionally why I am making it my personal goal to get him in the HOF one way or another..PERIOD! Solver, Locutus maybe if you concentrated your efforts on this exceptionally gifted individual you would see just how easy with my backing a member of CTP can be elcted..just try it guys i will show what kind of authority i have
                    Ok Ming ixnay on the speakey in publix nay

My consultataion services are for free..

Peace

Gramps da humorous one Troll
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Dream on
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I still don't know how I was in the HoF for two years without hearing about it.

Or even why?
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• We don't know either.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            I still don't know how I was in the HoF for two years without hearing about it.

Or even why?
                            Because of your experience preparing for Hurricanes?

Oh wait that would be this year?

Maybe because your a wonderful person?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• WhoTF is Samson?
                                He was the one who managed to get the whole trade commodities figured out in Civ2, which is not as easy as it sounds.

Check out the Civ2 strategy forum to find out what he did, and why the civ2 folks are trying to vote him in.

I didn't vote for him because I want to see solo in, but I'll vote for him in the upcoming round.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X