Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hugo Chavez really rock the righties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agathon
    Of course, that turned out to be false. The opposition had been publishing polls up until the referendum which claimed similar support. Western journalists on the ground in Venezuela were predicting a Chavez win nonetheless, and they were right.
    I still believe the results were rigged. Touch screen system? You expect them to do it right? And let me ask, why are you so swift in supporting Chavez? The man is nothing but a little Fidel who wants to control everything. He's a power hungry maniac. I said if the Venezuelans want to keep him, fine. They can. They will just realize their f--k ups later, and it will hit them like a bag of bricks.... this is what they will say: "we screwed up in keeping this guy in power. He's the reason why our economy is in the doldrums."

In the case of Florida there is ample evidence that Bush lost, the simple expedient of actually counting the votes proves it. Add to that the widely reported electoral roll fraud and there is a good case.
    False. Bush actually won in further studies by even larger margins. If Al Gore got his way, Bush still would of won. Unlike the case of Chavez, there wasn't fraud or vote rigging. Actually counting the votes still shows a Bush victory.

Suck it up, you lost.
    No you lost.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• You know something Fez, it must be incredible to live without shame, or modesty, or anything else that normally restrains a person. Very "blond beast" behavior.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
        You know something Fez, it must be incredible to live without shame, or modesty, or anything else that normally restrains a person. Very "blond beast" behavior.
        No... a better word is flamboyant.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Fez is..... GAY????

"I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Originally posted by Whaleboy
            Fez is..... GAY????

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. If you were to meet me, you would see me wearing all this rainbow stuff, it is kinda obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              They tried that, but then the coup failed.
              Chavez is a US puppet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whoha

Chavez is a US puppet.
                Just like Fidel is.

Comment

• I still believe the results were rigged. Touch screen system? You expect them to do it right?
                  Like the repugs in Florida this time around.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Ten people with guns, my disingenuous friend.
                    Oh heavens, whatever shall we do?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• James Petras, a former Professor of Sociology at Binghamton University, New York, owns a 50 year membership in the class struggle
                      Gee. I think he's rather euphoric over Chavez's victory.

If Che is allowed to sully sources such as the Globe and Mail, then I can certainly question the accuracy of this source here.

Even so, this is not what I hoped for, the actual polls done before the election, and their results, which is what I was looking for last night to no success.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• So if a minority of the public who are used to using violence to get their way historically decide they are willing to use violence to get their way now, that means that everyone hates Chavez?
                        Strawman. I never said that everyone hates Chavez, merely that in order for him to claim that he has the love of his people in Venzuela, he must also garner respect from his opposition.

FDR did that, and so did Churchill, and rightly people say they were loved by Americans and the British. But does Venezuela love Chavez under the same standard?

It's how they do things there.
                        And Chavez has the same claim to legitimacy?

The oppostion has already shown a willingness to use violence on numerous occassions, from the coup to attacks on pro-Chavez demostrations.
                        So? Chavez came to power through a coup, as you so succintly stated, that's how they do things over there. Why should the opposition be faulted for doing the same to Chavez?

If you want to argue that something was amiss in the recent election, first you have to overcome the findings of the international observers, which you have utterly failed to do.
                        That I did in the other thread. I am not trying to disparage Carter, I just don't think that he looked for the fraud that occured, and that the opposition alleges occured.

He looked at other things, and found no evidence, but if he looked deeper, I think he would have found evidence of the massive fraud that the opposition claims.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

That I did in the other thread. I am not trying to disparage Carter, I just don't think that he looked for the fraud that occured, and that the opposition alleges occured.

He looked at other things, and found no evidence, but if he looked deeper, I think he would have found evidence of the massive fraud that the opposition claims.
                          So the opposition, many of whom actually are Venezuelan and live in Venezuela, ALLEGE electoral fraud.

Obi Gyn, not Venezuelan, and I suspect never been there, ASSERTS it occurred.

Quotes 'polls', makes ASSERTIONS based on these 'polls' and can't find 'em.

Gee, Obi Gyn, no wonder Coulter made a comeback as your avatar.

You both have the same respect for facts.

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo

Just like Fidel is.
                            unlike Fidel, Chavez sells us oil, fights cafta, and does other pro American stuff. the supplying Castro with oil is just a cover so all the commies think hes one of them.

Comment

Working...
                            X