X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What as? An anchor?
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• didin't read the whole thread but i think speed walking(or whatever it is called), fencing(i expected it to be much more than 3 seconds per point), anything involving horses and sailing are fairly riidculous.
      Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

• Olympic relaxing
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I can't believe that this noble and ancient sport hasn't been included yet. It's a scandal, actually;
          5th Mobile Phone Throwing World Championships

Comment

• So let's go back to Krazy's Krazy sports definition. How the hell is Bowling a sport but Slalom isn't?
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• The english language is, for some reason, quite impaired when it comes to the definition of what's a sport.

Comment

• I think it's time to chuck the old Greek model of Olympic competition and go with the Roman model of sportsmanship: gladiatorial competition.

The US baseball team didn't even make it to the Olympics. What's up with that?
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                  I think it's time to chuck the old Greek model of Olympic competition and go with the Roman model of sportsmanship: gladiatorial competition.
                  In fact, the old greek model wasn't that far from that. Boxing matches lasted until one gave up, went unconsious or died for example...

Comment

• Yeah, but how about fencing with real blades, chariot racing with spiked spokes, man-to-man javelin throw, live target archery, and lion wrestling? This is just a short list of exciting old fashioned Roman gladiatorial sports that would bring fesh air to the stale Olympic venue.

Comment

Yeah, but how about fencing with real blades, chariot racing with spiked spokes, man-to-man javelin throw, live target archery, and lion wrestling? This is just a short list of exciting old fashioned Roman gladiatorial sports that would bring fesh air to the stale Olympic venue.
                      Are you suggesting that cruelty towards animals should be part of the olympics??!!

I love your other gaming ideas though
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Well, perhaps there's a more 'innovative' way to use all those greeks that gets caught for using prohibited substances....

Comment

• Originally posted by alva

Are you suggesting that cruelty towards animals should be part of the olympics??!!

I love your other gaming ideas though
                          Provided that the human isn't allowed to use a knive, gun, spear, club or any other weapon I don't think that the lion would feel that such a contest would be cruel at all. In fact, I imagine that most healthy adult lions would relish the chance to engage a human in personal combat.

Comment

• Most ridiculous sport: 50m running.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I think it's time to chuck the old Greek model of Olympic competition and go with the Roman model of sportsmanship: gladiatorial competition.

The US baseball team didn't even make it to the Olympics. What's up with that?
                              Performance enhancing drugs or recreational drugs probably ruled every player in the US.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I saw wheelchair racing on TV last night. What's up with that? It's not the time for Special Olympics, yet.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X