Ahh, Women...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pekka
    But when a woman goes for a career, she keeps it to herself. That's right, she keeps it to herself. It isn't the unit money anymore. That's not equal. That's arrogant.
    duck is right. You can't generalise.

Maybe Nordic or Finnish women are like that, but not around here.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowflake

Have it occured to you that some women may have already mastered that tactic? Next time when you think she is "stupid" and "incompetent", think a little bit more ...
      i dont know any women who are bad at doing certain tasks, or are worse than i would expect. I just dont understand why i would have to fetch ______ while she is perfectly mobile. Im not a damn manservant!
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I did not say men's love is like a stone. I said they think it as if it is a stone. They say since it is here yesterday it must have been here today. Then one day it disappeared and they think it is so complex that they cannot comprehend.
        Men's love is like a stone? I don't understand this at all. Does it mean it sinks to the bottom, not to be seen again?

Originally posted by Snowflake
        I don't know about TRUE love either. I would define crush as fake loves.
        Not necessarily fake. A crush is biologically a hormonal imbalance that will, (un)fortunately, corrects itself in a few weeks or a few months. If no other emtions, such as attachment, friendship, and commitment, have developed during that time, that would be the end of it.
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Yes and to tell you the truth, I don't even know what the heck I've written.
          I agree.

Comment

• So what, I'm a woman.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Cook himself? Who's going to eat that?

Seriously, I am not sure I agree with that. Just because you (or some other woman) cooks that way doesn't mean there's no room for improvement.

A person's character is distinctly different from the way she do things.
              I agree. There's always room for improvement for lots of things. The point is, improvement is only possible when the person who is doing it wants to improve, not the one who is receiving it. If she doesn't want to change, or if it is a so old habit of hers that it is hard for her to change, then it is no use for you to hope that she changes, because she is not going to change no matter if you talk about it everyday. Better find another approach to the matter.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

When you learn to read women, you'll find the logic behind it. When she asked "Why do you never fight with me?" She was wondering if you really care for her. Not about how she looks or how she was in bed.
                That's not logic. That's a strange language with no logic at all. I don't like it when a woman isn't forthright with her feelings.

Originally posted by Snowflake
                But actually what she thinks and what she beliefs. You told her you don't agree with her but you are not going to fight her. To her that means you really don't care what she thinks.
                As I said, it has no logic at all.

When people fight, it is very likely they are going to say things that hurt each other's feelings.

It's not like you are talking about a calm, deliberate philosophical discourse here.
                Oh boy. It really shows when you don't understand something doesn't it. You were actually breaking the paragraph in the wrong place.

It's not that she is not forthcoming with her feeling. It's not she use something to hint another thing. It is that she really feel that way. She really feel that the reason you do not bother to fight her even if you don't agree with her means you don't care what she thinks. Thus she hopes you would fight her simply because she hope you are taking her seriously. Why is this so hard to be understand? Huh? And don't limit your definition of "fight" to the narrowest sense. pekka and I were haveing a good fight but I'm sure it has been quite "calm and deliberate philosophical".

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Men's love is like a stone? I don't understand this at all. Does it mean it sinks to the bottom, not to be seen again?
                  I hadn't thought of that. But it is very possible that it sinks to the bottom of the daily life and cannot be seen again. Yes, very true that.

Not necessarily fake. A crush is biologically a hormonal imbalance that will, (un)fortunately, corrects itself in a few weeks or a few months. If no other emtions, such as attachment, friendship, and commitment, have developed during that time, that would be the end of it.
                  I agree. I didn't say that the biological hormonal imbalance is fake. But your definition seems to be more accurate than mine.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I agree. There's always room for improvement for lots of things. The point is, improvement is only possible when the person who is doing it wants to improve, not the one who is receiving it. If she doesn't want to change, or if it is a so old habit of hers that it is hard for her to change, then it is no use for you to hope that she changes, because she is not going to change no matter if you talk about it everyday. Better find another approach to the matter.
                    Here is a story to illustrate.

I was with this girl a few years ago.

She wanted to change everything about me. Constantly trying to influence" me, both subtly and also just directly. (In a way that made me feel bad about myself). She wanted to change the way I looked, the way I spoke, the way I acted, my beliefs, my leisure activities, I mean EVERYTHING.

I mean I totally dig it when a girl makes subtle suggestions about SOME things. Having a girlfriend is FANTASTIC when you are shopping for clothes because not only are they 10 times better at it, she'll pick out stuff she digs you in. WIN-WIN situation, FO SHIZZLE.

But anyway with this chick it was to the extreme. She was doing it so much it was pushing me away, putting me into a corner, smothering me. I asked her to quit it. We had a few breakups going back and forth because there was no me in the relationship.

Finally, I just said, "if you are trying to change me into a completley different person, why are you with ME in the first place?"

Well that didn't seem to sink through. Breaking up didn't either.

Finally I just had to stop answering the phone, put emails in the trash bin, make myself invisible.

Well what can I say. Sh1t happens.

By the way I liked your stone/tree thing. Good analogy.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• wifey was trying to hang a cabinet, unfortunately the heads of the drywall screws were too big to fit in the mounts. So I router them out, get them to fit, go to hang it on the wall and she measured them .25 inches off!

She gets all mad, says she measured 20 times shows me, and I notice that she is measuring from the edge of the mount and not the middle of the mount, but she thinks its the same thing because of the width of the head.

It was a fight because I told her she measured it wrong. Anyway, she eventually had to apologize because she new she was wrong and arguing about it.

+1 for me!
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

• japher, at least the woman can admit when shes wrong about certain things.
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• By combining cutting-edge research, the teaching of outstanding students, and direct interaction with practitioners, we have an impact on solving public problems that no other institution can match.

now check out the per capita spending on areas like montana and the dakotas

Comment

• whoops wrong thread

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144
                              By combining cutting-edge research, the teaching of outstanding students, and direct interaction with practitioners, we have an impact on solving public problems that no other institution can match.

now check out the per capita spending on areas like montana and the dakotas
                              I been trying to hook up with some fine Lakota hoes for a while now.

Don't stop get it get it!
                              Attached Files
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• at least the woman can admit when shes wrong about certain things
                                Actually, the words "I am wrong" never came out of her mouth, it was just angry silence for about 30 minutes and then everything is back to normal.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X