Le Tour de Lance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Tour de Lance

the first stage of the tour de lance started today, and a swiss guy won the first event. armstrong got second, which is surprising cuz he usually doesnt go all out on flat stages. tomorrow is a more hilly one. you can watch it on the outdoor life channel early in the morning (6 am PST)
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

He won the opening stage twice before.

Tomorrow, nothing going to happen as far as winning the thing is concerned.

Oh, La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La ......
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

wow, nothing happened but it was an exiting race. i feel bad for jokob piil and that other guy who got caught in the 3/4 of a mile
      they lead for so long they deserved it. what they were doing was very ver hard.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Mark Wauters was the other one... But well, that's nothing new, it's all calculated by the teams going for the sprint (and the ones in front know that all too well). In the Tour there's this golden rule for that, the peloton takes back 1 minute per 10 kilometers.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

everyone's saying that lance is looking weak this year, and that beloki, hamilton, heras, and ulrich are much stronger.

Comment

Yes, Beloki will obviously win.

I haven't really seen enough of any of them to be able to say anything, to be honest. In the past few years we've heard plenty of voices saying that this time Ullrich was really gonna beat him. But most of that was just wishful thinking, I guess.

The only things I know are that Vinokourov is out , Ullrich won the Tour of Switzerland, and Armstrong didn't win the Dauphiné Libéré. And there's of course the problem that no-one should ever be able to win a 6th Tour.

After the team time trial we'll be able to say a bit more, but the Tour will only get off the ground in the 12th stage.

But I don't really see the point in speculating who's gonna win. I'm just going to enjoy the show and see what happens. I could say that I'd like to see someone else win for a change, but if the race is as exciting as last year I really can't complain.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

The ideal result would be for Lance to win this one and next year's. Then, Tyler Hamilton would begin his streak of 8 wins in 2006.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

lance is retiring affter this year i think

Comment

I think he's too competitive for that. He'll ride until he doesn't think he can win anymore.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Go Lance, Go!

Comment

and they made the course harder and changed the rules so that its harder for lance to win.

Comment

Its the team

Last year, Lance was slightly worse than Ulrich. It was the Postal team that won the Tour. This year, I think Telekom is stronger than Postal.

Still thinking about old times - TMobile looks stronger
                        Last edited by pchang; July 5, 2004, 21:11.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

What rule was changed?
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Probably the steroids rule.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

with how the team finishes and stuff.. i forget exactly - but they also changed the Alpe d'Huez stage. it used to be a climb up that hill after 180 km of flats. now they cut it into two stages, and made the uphill a time trial.

Comment

Working...
                              X