No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs, Round 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - the *** returned to the Rangers a few years ago and is now set to retire.

Comment

Mr. Bure Pavel?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        Mr. Bure Pavel?
        Nope - the cranial cramp ex-captain, Messier.

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
          So bye bye Martin, bye bye Lalime, and they need another captain. When Chara is the guy that's in charge of geeting your team fired up, there's definitely something wrong.
          Bye-bye Martin? I mean, I'm not a huge supporter of his or anything, but when your team outplays the opponent for most of the series, only to be shut down by the best goalie in the game right now (well, I guess I still have to say he's second to Brodeur, but it's close) while he's hot... It's not like they botched it in 4, or made that many glaring errors.

And no badmouthing Chara. He was awesome during that entire series. Ottawa's best by far.
          "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
          "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
          "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Yeah, Chara was the Sens best player and that isn't damning him with faint praise.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
                  Bye-bye Martin? I mean, I'm not a huge supporter of his or anything, but when your team outplays the opponent for most of the series, only to be shut down by the best goalie in the game right now (well, I guess I still have to say he's second to Brodeur, but it's close) while he's hot... It's not like they botched it in 4, or made that many glaring errors.
                  No it's just that they were ousted by the Leafs yet again this year. They have one of the best team in theNHL and they never do anthing in the playoffs. I'm not saying it's right, i'm not saying it's his fault: i'm saying he's going.

And no badmouthing Chara. He was awesome during that entire series. Ottawa's best by far.

I was paying a compliment to Chara. I was dissing everybody else on the team for not stepping up to the plate and elevate their play.
                  What?

Comment

Eddie!

Eddie!

Eddie!

Eddie!

Eddie!

Eddie!
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

Toronto will take down the Flyers, then smuck up Tampa

In the west, Calgary upsets Detroit then goes on to take down San Jose.

Then we have a classic Canadian final.
                      Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                        The leafs are many things, but they're no Vancouver.
                        Thank god for that cause Vancouver sucks.
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by optimus2861
                          And yet another Leaf-choke by the Senators in progress. Buh-bye, Jacques Martin! Maybe Patrick Lalime, too
                          The one condolence for Ottawa is that they now have a great owner. You gotta love Melnyk getting behind his team and getting the crowd going. To bad the players let him down. And damm right he should be screaming at his players.

Martin has to go. Lalime's career is over with those two soft goals in a seventh game.

What Ottawa really needs is a leader. It's one thing to make stupid guarantees, it's another thing to lead by example.

If Ottawa can pick up a good ol' Canadian boy then they'll be a force to be reckoned with.
                          Last edited by Tingkai; April 21, 2004, 10:29.
                          Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai

Thank god for that cause Vancouver sucks.
                            If you swapped Cloutier for Belfour, I'd take Vancouver in a heart beat over Toronto.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki

If you swapped Cloutier for Belfour, I'd take Vancouver in a heart beat over Toronto.
                              Well of course, but Vancouver don't have Eddie.
                              Golfing since 67

Comment

And that's like saying if Vancouver had Eddie, Forsberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Domi and Nieuwendyk, you'd take Vancouver. So what.
                                Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                                X