NHL Playoffs, Round 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tingkai
    High crime rates??? Nothing compared to American cities.

Densely populated??? Travel to Asia and you'll see that ain't true.
    It's all relative, of course. Calgary has a fraction of the crimerate, and the population density is sane there. I don't care that Asia is even worse, which is why I can't understand how anyone can stand living there.

Name a great city and the cost of living there will be high because people want to live there. No one really wants to live in Calgary.
    So why is it growing faster than any other Canadian city for years in a row...?

Of course, during the regular season, there are always empty seats in the Saddledome, unlike Toronto where every game is sold out. But that's because Calgarians are hockey smart and they know that a Flames regular season game ain't worth seeing.
    All of the games I went to were sold out.

You also have to take into account the fanbase. How many people live in the GTA, how many live in Calgary? Doesn't matter though, the Saddledome has been consistently sold out this year...

During the playoffs, Air Canada Centre gets a boring crowd, but that's because so many people are willing to pay big bucks to see the Leafs that all you get are rich arseholes. It's the price we pay when we have the most popular team in the NHL.
    Hello! Calgary has the 2nd most # of headoffices in Canada, it's almost purely a white-collar town. A HUGE number of the people there were "rich arseholes" or corporate season ticket holders who got free tickets (my dad being one of them). It didn't matter, they all got Flames jerseys and they all were vocal and had a great time.

Toronto just lacks the passion and spirit of Calgary.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
      What do you go for an hour? Asher is close, maybe he'll be interested.
      Men are expensive: there is less offer and more demand.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Men are more expensive?

Hell, men are free. Go to any gay bar, and you'll find someone that wants to come home with you.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I hate to break up your little manly conversation about free men, but this thread already has 528 posts...
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
            Men are more expensive?

Hell, men are free. Go to any gay bar, and you'll find someone that wants to come home with you.
            Wait until you're 50.

Comment

• 530 posts!

ps: Calgary sucks.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Sadly, the fact that this thread reached 530 posts unpunished shows how little our fellow American mods care for hockey.

And oh, for the 531st post.

Comment

Working...
                X