X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tamerlin

Who?

Beethoven!

You'll find him in the encyclopedia between "bastard" and "bum"!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Does not look as a very respectable individual.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Precisely! He thieved French composers' music!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• You never know, climate might also have entered the equation. He's Fijian, via Brisbane. Canberra is hardly tropical.
          I recall a certain tour – I stayed in Cairns and got sunburnt (in the height of their winter) whilst some of the lads headed to Canberra for the mid-week game. We linked up with then in Melbourne where they were pleased with the warmer weather – in Melbourne.

So I can see the lads sense if he made the choice on that criteria.

Check the menu options for the Bok players. Are there options for headbutt and spit?
          It’s a number crunchers dream – there are all sorts of attributes scored 0-100. It seems that a combination of high ‘Will’ and low ‘discipline’ gives the greatest chance of red cards. Fights can and do break out – players get binned and dismissed totally.

I am worried the stats need editing though – in my opening game as new coach of Tigers I was trailing Quins 28-14 at half time and only just sneaked through 33-28 in the end. It’s hardly realistic is it?

Rathbone got better and better as the season progressed. He has to be a big chance.
          Well Wendall had his chance – and blew it. But what were we saying the other day about border hoppers?

You're obviously unaware of the now ancient scientific claim that cooking in aluminium saucepans contributed to Alzheimers.
          Blissfully unaware.

He'll be left standing scratching his head in clouds of our flankers' and wingers' dust wondering which way they went.
          Not a chance in hell. You misunderstand me – I do not rate the lad that highly as he doesn’t do the core job of a blindside that well for my money – but in the loose he could skin anyone – your mob included.

I can’t see him starting – but he may make the bench. England would not profit from starting an S12 like flanker – they need a Corry in there taking the heads of your flankers in the tackle (legally of course).

On behalf of my bretheren-in-spirit, I deeply resent the association.
          Just a guess – but are you not a big fan of the Nose?

Your diatribes against players crossing borders to further their rugby careers are etched in our memories.
          I dislike it still. Only nations with no natural resources should be doing it and that certainly does not include us – did I mention we have tow full squads touring this summer?

It will really hit home to me when they pick a player I rate who is a border hopper – for now Abbot is just marking time until Smith comes in, Lipman the same for Skinner. The young prop bothers me – he is rather good.

Mmmm. The PC rugby game obviously has a stepping tutorial. It - and you - need a patch. Fast.
          Believe me were it Twickers I would take the bet. But three tests all in enemy territory – do you think I’m totally daft? However well we play we could always lose these games. Have the refs been named?

As for great composers I have always rated Paul Weller. What do you mean 'wrong end of the stick'?

Okay I think I will turn over Toulouse and Canterbury tonight...
          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• You have to see what I just found - I am starting to think we can take pretty much any player away from you guys if we want to...

[from BBC News]
            Newcastle Falcons have signed Australian second row Radike Samo from the ACT Brumbies in a two-year deal.
            The versatile 27-year-old, included in Australia's squad for the forthcoming Tests, has played at lock and wing.

"We're delighted that Radike has agreed to join us," said Newcastle Falcons director of rugby Rob Andrew.

"He's one of the outstanding forwards of the Super 12 season, very mobile with excellent hands. He'll bring a different dimension to our game."
            [ends]
            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
              It’s a number crunchers dream – there are all sorts of attributes scored 0-100. It seems that a combination of high ‘Will’ and low ‘discipline’ gives the greatest chance of red cards. Fights can and do break out – players get binned and dismissed totally.

I am worried the stats need editing though – in my opening game as new coach of Tigers I was trailing Quins 28-14 at half time and only just sneaked through 33-28 in the end. It’s hardly realistic is it?
              I'm sure it didn't help Quins' chances when you switched off the game as they approached the try line. How does the game work? You -v- the computer? As in single player Civ?

Just a guess – but are you not a big fan of the Nose?
              A useful barging #8 a couple of years ago and a d*ckhead of the highest order for getting himself into the trouble he did.

Believe me were it Twickers I would take the bet. But three tests all in enemy territory – do you think I’m totally daft? However well we play we could always lose these games. Have the refs been named?
              Not that I know of, but they're bound to be England haters. They always are. I think it's outrageous the way they appoint refs who don't understand the rules and always manage to disadvantage England.

As for great composers I have always rated Paul Weller.
              Get some Chopin into your life!

Okay I think I will turn over Toulouse and Canterbury tonight...
              Dunno about Canterbury, but Toulouse seem to be a pushover these days. And I bet Tamerlin won't turn up to the match.

Comment

You have to see what I just found - I am starting to think we can take pretty much any player away from you guys if we want to...

[from BBC News]
                Newcastle Falcons have signed Australian second row Radike Samo from the ACT Brumbies in a two-year deal.
                The versatile 27-year-old, included in Australia's squad for the forthcoming Tests, has played at lock and wing.

"We're delighted that Radike has agreed to join us," said Newcastle Falcons director of rugby Rob Andrew.

"He's one of the outstanding forwards of the Super 12 season, very mobile with excellent hands. He'll bring a different dimension to our game."
                [ends]
                Yes, I heard about that today. Fiji were going to claim him anyway. You can have him.

EDIT. I almost forgot! I was watching a Brit cooking show on cable tonight and they were talking about Cheshire Pork Pies. Pork and apple? Heard of them?
                Last edited by finbar; May 20, 2004, 08:35.

Comment

• How does the game work? You -v- the computer? As in single player Civ?
                  Yes it’s basically a turn based management game with a neat little arcade game simulator built in. You don’t have to actually play the games – you can opt for a Computer resolved outcome – but the most fun the game offers is in the arcade section really.

One thing is sure – the developers overestimated Will Greenwoods power and pace. He burst through my defence twice and outsprinted Geordan Murphy to the line. I’ll have to fix that in the editor.

Oh and another sign the developers are French (Apart from calling Fiji Fidji anyway)? Fabien Pelous scores similarly to Jonno in all attributes. And Magne leaves McCaw , Backy and Smithy in his wake. Pure fiction some of it you see.

A useful barging #8 a couple of years ago and a d*ckhead of the highest order for getting himself into the trouble he did.
                  I believe, though I may be wrong, that was all a final consequence of his inability to reconcile the loss of his sister Francesca in the Marchioness disaster - and inappropriate ways of trying to deal with such negative things in life.

I think it's outrageous the way they appoint refs who don't understand the rules and always manage to disadvantage England.
                  You see we are getting you there at last. All we need is for you to admit this extends to any NH side having to play SH sides down there are we are home free.

Get some Chopin into your life!
                  I’m a terrible cook.

And I bet Tamerlin won't turn up to the match.
                  Does he ever?

Sunday is the big day I believe – will they turn up?

Fiji were going to claim him anyway. You can have him.
                  Thanks. But given he is going to Falcons it doesn’t really help me much.

Going to claim him on the basis he is Fijian? That is shocking – what are they thinking of?

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
                    Dunno about Canterbury, but Toulouse seem to be a pushover these days.
                    True for the Stade Toulousain though this is not the Wasps I am afraid of but of the Stade Toulousain itself. The well known sentence, at least in Toulouse, is more than true these days: "the worst ennemy of the Stade Toulousain is the Stade Toulousain".

And I bet Tamerlin won't turn up to the match.

This too easy a bet.
                    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• The worst enemy of Stade Toulousain is London Wasps right now.

However I am nothing if not fair so:

Bon chance mon ami!

*edit* Wasps Mark van Gisbergen - a Kiwi formerly with Waikato but brought to blighty by Gatland - has asperations to play for England when he qualifies through residency next year. More ammunition for Finbar's border hopping cannon?

Comment

*edit* Wasps Mark van Gisbergen - a Kiwi formerly with Waikato but brought to blighty by Gatland - has asperations to play for England when he qualifies through residency next year. More ammunition for Finbar's border hopping cannon?

The children's movie based on the series I did last year is back on the agenda. I had a meeting today with Channel 5's Head of Children's Production. As the only Pom I'm likely to come across for a while, I asked him about Leicester. What's it like? What sort of people live there? He had nothing but praise for the place. Best integrated city in England, best curries, lovely surrounding countryside. But then I discovered he knows nothing about rugby and is a s***** fan.

Comment

One thing is sure – the developers overestimated Will Greenwoods power and pace. He burst through my defence twice and outsprinted Geordan Murphy to the line. I’ll have to fix that in the editor.
                          While you're at it, insert fear into the eyes of that England player who panicked just a tad more than he should have last November.

Oh and another sign the developers are French (Apart from calling Fiji Fidji anyway)? Fabien Pelous scores similarly to Jonno in all attributes. And Magne leaves McCaw , Backy and Smithy in his wake. Pure fiction some of it you see.
                          And if the developers haven't already done so, give all les grenouilles dark roots while you're editing?

I believe, though I may be wrong, that was all a final consequence of his inability to reconcile the loss of his sister Francesca in the Marchioness disaster - and inappropriate ways of trying to deal with such negative things in life.
                          My condolences to him. IMHO, the stuff with the undercover journos was pure hubris.

You see we are getting you there at last. All we need is for you to admit this extends to any NH side having to play SH sides down there are we are home free.
                          I absolutely totally agree. Any NH team that ever loses - or even comes close to losing - against a SH team has been dudded by the ref.

I’m a terrible cook.
                          Buy a CD of his Polonaises. You will be reduced to tears. For the right reasons.

Sunday is the big day I believe – will they turn up?
                          We know Tamerlin won't.

Going to claim him on the basis he is Fijian? That is shocking – what are they thinking of?
                          That report still hasn't made the press here. At least it hadn't this morning. Most odd.

Comment

• Is that perchance the Fat Cow Motel heading for movie status?

Best-integrated city in England, best curries, lovely surrounding countryside.
                            Most integrated yes – but not entirely without problems on that front. But it is probably fair to say Leicester has made the best effort at creating a stable and reasonably friendly multi-cultural community in the UK.

Curry houses he is spot on with – including some of the best Thali (vegetarian) houses too.

Surrounding countryside – heck yes – I particularly recommend NE Leicestershire – fields, farms, hills and cracking public houses.

The S***** team got relegated from the top flight this year – good news for Tigers as it means less Friday games for us next year (reason being the lower divs play more Sunday and mid-week games than the top flight and the City police no longer let both sides play at home at the same time).

While you're at it, insert fear into the eyes of that England player who panicked just a tad more than he should have last November.
                            As with VD Dan Luger has not troubled either England squad this summer either. The game has him correctly listed with USAP – but I haven’t played them yet.

And if the developers haven't already done so, give all les grenouilles dark roots while you're editing?
                            Whilst some big name players have been given fairly good skins some are way off – I’ll have a look for Labit but wouldn’t be surpised to find he has a LaCroix hairstyle.

IMHO, the stuff with the undercover journos was pure hubris.
                            Pride very much comes before a fall. Not our tabloids finest hour never the less.

I absolutely totally agree. Any NH team that ever loses - or even comes close to losing - against a SH team has been dudded by the ref.

The ultimate aim of these threads has been achieved! They can now be retired, their work done.

What do you mean “learn to spot sarcasm”?

I’ll consider acquiring some Chopin – but fear it may result in my being fined extensively by my touring party for unnecessary ‘culture’.

That report still hasn't made the press here. At least it hadn't this morning. Most odd.
                            It also looks like he will start the Super 12 final? That utility back heading to Sarries is on the bench too.

The BBC is making much of Brumbies poor record against Crusaders – how would you call this one?

Comment

The worst enemy of Stade Toulousain is London Wasps right now.
                              No, I can assure that the Stade Toulousain is still the worst opponent to fear. I can assure you that when the Stade is playing well, no team can resist. The problem is that they have not been able to produce a good game as often as they would have liked to.

Bonne chance mon ami!
                              Thanks!

Fingers crossed...

Comment

• I should have remembered that "luck is a lady".

And surely you mean that when they are playing well no team can resist except TIGERS.

Comment

Working...
                                X