Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny, I thought Havaking had to do with pubs and bitter and totally ignoring any argument that didn't go in the right direction...

Tamerlin, you'd better make sure the right Stade wins in the play offs. And make sure Biarritz wins against the other side, too, while you're at it.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
      I'm also hoping Tamerlin gets the antonym reference - we are overdue a flood of smilies.
      Don't worry, add a e at the end of antonym and you have the French word.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• To Havak: to put ducks in a barrel.

revenge
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by LDiCesare
          Funny, I thought Havaking had to do with pubs and bitter and totally ignoring any argument that didn't go in the right direction...
          That's also a possibility...

Tamerlin, you'd better make sure the right Stade wins in the play offs. And make sure Biarritz wins against the other side, too, while you're at it.
          I hope the Stade from Paris will get smashed as they don't really deserve to be there... and they would not be there without the leniency of some unscrupulous referees (if you have seen the game Stade Français - Castres Olympique you certainly know what I mean). I really don't like this team, even more than the Sporting Union Agenais...
          Last edited by Tamerlin; May 7, 2004, 16:57.

Comment

• To LDiCesare: to pop up at the least expected moment and make a judicious on-topic comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
              Hurricanes 37 -d- Crusaders 20

When the Hurricanes are hot ...

Big upset as far as most are concerned. With a consolation try after the hooter, the scoreboard flattered the Crusaders. Umaga, getting back to fitness, had a blinder. The Crusaders' defence, as I've observed before, is nowhere near the wall it once was. The Hurricanes out-muscled, out-ran and out-thought their oppo. Being a Hurricanes supporter must be almost as frustrating as being a Waratahs supporter. The Crusaders had to win tonight to guarantee a home semi next week. Now, if the Chiefs can beat the Brumbies tomorrow, they can take second spot and the home semi next week. Methinks the Crusaders might be safe.

Now to go back and deal with some of the drivel posted above!
              The Chiefs can still finish top if they get 5 pts versus ACT. Who knows...

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia

I'll be watching Chiefs v Brumbies a bit later. I'm not sure if it's live or not so I'll refrain from going to any rugby sites at this point.
                It's 3.30pm kick off today - Saturday - our time, so, if you're on daylight savings time, that's 1.30am Saturday your time.

If the Sharks beat the Stormers, wouldn't that knock the Chiefs off the 2nd place spot(assming they beat the Brumbies of course)?
                No, the Sharks are currently on 26 points. A win and a bonus point would take them to 31 points, which couldn't put them any higher than fourth providing the Waratahs and Blues both lose. The Sharks' points differential is inferior to both the Waratahs' and the Blues'.
                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frozzy

The Chiefs can still finish top if they get 5 pts versus ACT. Who knows...
                  Yep. Very interesting match in store.
                  " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                  "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDiCesare
                    Funny, I thought Havaking had to do with pubs and bitter and totally ignoring any argument that didn't go in the right direction...
                    Actually, "to Havak" is an incredibly versatile verb. I've found a reference to it in an old dictionary - "to have an unnatural obsession with jaws shaped like lanterns".

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                      To LDiCesare: to pop up at the least expected moment and make a judicious on-topic comment.
                      Yet another versatile verb. I found a reference in yet another old dictionary - "to lift the standard of grenouille posting in internet forums".

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar

Yet another versatile verb. I found a reference in yet another old dictionary - "to lift the standard of grenouille posting in internet forums".

One day you will be the only one posting in this thread, replying and getting angry at your own posts or congratulating yourself for your own "bons mots".

Comment

• Well done Chiefs! First time ever making the playoffs!

If not for that ridiculous penalty that Tapa Henning gave the Brumbies it would have been a draw.

I'll be watching the Sharks/Stormers game tomorrow with great interest. The Stormers have to beat the Sharks by 10 or win with a bonus point to overtake the Blues, so GO SHARKS!!!
                          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                            One day you will be the only one posting in this thread, replying and getting angry at your own posts or congratulating yourself for your own "bons mots".
                            I would only ever reply to one of my own posts to heap upon it the disdain it deserves.

When the hell are you going to play Wasps!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
                              Well done Chiefs! First time ever making the playoffs!
                              Yes, they did well. They deserve their spot in the finals.

If not for that ridiculous penalty that Tapa Henning gave the Brumbies it would have been a draw.
                              Twaddle. The Chiefs simply lacked the firepower to capitalise on some of their other strengths.

I'll be watching the Sharks/Stormers game tomorrow with great interest. The Stormers have to beat the Sharks by 10 or win with a bonus point to overtake the Blues, so GO SHARKS!!!
                              Sorry. Stormers 31 -d- Sharks 24. Taking them to third spot, relegating the Chiefs to fourth spot:

1. Brumbies
                              2. Crusaders
                              3. Stormers
                              4. Chiefs

It's actually, I think, a very fair end result. The most consistent teams during the season were rewarded. The Blues saved their very best till far too late, and the Waratahs have only themselves to blame for yet another outburst of rugby hari kari.

So next week it's Crusaders -v- Stormers in Christchurch, meaning the Stormers have to travel all the way back to New Zealand. A big ask. And I bet Corne Krige is regretting his stupidity. The Stormers are going to be fired up, and the Crusaders will want to lift their game from this week's effort.

The other semi is Brumbies -v- Chiefs in Canberra. The Brumbies at home are a frightening proposition.

Over the weekend:

Reds 23 -d- Waratahs 7

Thus the Waratahs' record of never having beaten the Reds since S12 started remains intact. The Reds performed 180% better than they did in any match all season - disciplined, magnificent defence, extraordinary commitment. The Waratahs produced yet another inept performance. Once more, serious questions will be asked - why is that the Reds can only produce efforts like this against the Waratahs? And what goes on inside the Waratahs' heads that can allow a team who can beat the top two teams - Brumbies and Crusaders - also to produce such lacklustre directionless rugby? And, once more, the serious questions will go unanswered. In all likelihood, it will all happen again next season.

Blues 50 -d- Highlanders 22

Yes, we know what the Blues can do. Pity they saved it till too late in the season. In truth, for all their skills, they didn't deserve to make the finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
                                Inability to compete with just your own resources makes you open minded?
                                We seem to have a different definition of the word 'inability' as well.
                                Additionally you seem to be under the impression that NZ immigration/residency policies fell under the auspices of the NZRB as of a few years ago?
                                They're eligible, they're willing, they're capable and they're there - ergo they can play.

Regarding the 'Combined' team, or their individual national teams competing in the S12 - I would wholeheartedly support such a measure - better yet bring the Puma's in as well and make a day of it.
                                Unfortunately it probably isn't going to happen, mores the pity.

Comment

Working...
                                X