No announcement yet.

Bush speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a liberal, but I'm still willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. I want Iraq to work. I want everything to work.

But that was ABSOLUTELY ****ING TURGID!! This is supposed to be leadership? This guy sends people off to die, and he sure as hell better be able to string two sentences together as to how and why. Absolutely incredible, and I don't mean that nicely.
    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

See thats why all the liberals who say Bush is like Hitler are totally off-base. Hilter was a much better speaker.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
        See thats why all the liberals who say Bush is like Hitler are totally off-base. Hilter was a much better speaker.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yes, I had problems with his speech. And I'm a Bushie.

Those questions were easy to anticipate, and I can't believe he wasn't better prepared to answer them more smoothly. (it is tough to follow slick willie he was the king of that kind of thing. )

If those were the answers they wanted him to give, it was a no-win situation and he shouldn't have done it in the first place.

The only plus in my book, was, as stated previoiusly, he did sound sincere and firm in his convictions.
          I can only believe that his handlers are shooting for reinforcing that image as he goes up against a perceived flip-flopper.

Overall, I was not impressed.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
            What I can't understand is how you grew up watching Fox News.
            I didn't really understand a lot of the US posters here until I saw for myself the poor quality of their media. It's really mostly just infotainment and brainwashing. I channel surfed in vain for something approaching quality independent analysis and differing viewpoints.

Even their PBS network, which does do some quality current affairs, spent a lot of it's time rattling a can because it is funded by public donations.

I formed the impression the United States basically had a small well informed elite and the vast bulk of the population was treated like mushrooms - fed B*ll**** and kept in the dark. The media just prays on their emotions and sentiments quite manipulatively.

Your average European or Australian is simply just better informed. Fullstop.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by rah

The only plus in my book, was, as stated previoiusly, he did sound sincere and firm in his convictions.
              I can only believe that his handlers are shooting for reinforcing that image as he goes up against a perceived flip-flopper.
              Thats the problem. We all know Fez is firm in his convictions and his rants seem sincere. That is a minimal plus given everything else.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

What I saw of the Bush speech just looked like agony to me - a kind of waterloo of credibility.

It reminded me of Jimmy Carter during the Iran hostage crisis.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse Fullstop.
                  Americans don't know what a fullstop is. They say period.
                  ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                  ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

"What I can't understand is how you grew up watching Fox News."

Fox news hasn't really been around that long. I don't think anyone has yet grown up watching Fox News. Wait a few years.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

He couldn't... unless he's like 5 .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Bush makes me cringe when I see him. You can practically hear his mental processes grinding away, like some sort of Babbage device.

It's truly amazing that he got himself elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

He couldn't... unless he's like 5 .
                            Already noted.

Comment

The Fox News thing was a joke.

Next time I'll put

THIS IS A JOKE

JOKE ENDS
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

[/joke]
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X