Bush speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP
    No matter what he was asked he said "uhh, the bad guys are bad and we're gonna get them."
    Sounds familiar.

Giancarlo
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

People who like Bush will think he did well, people who hate Bush will think he did badly. Wow, so much gained.

He certainly has been evasive to some of the questions. I like the time one CNN reporter basically said: a criticism of your admin. is that whatever happens, you never admit mistakes-is that a valid accusation?

Bush's answer in so many words? Our Iraq policy was justified.

IN fact, Bush had 2 answer today to all questions:

1. OUr Iraq policy was justified-stay the course
      2. No one could have seen 9/11 coming but those problems are gone now.

The question didn;t matter, you got one of those two answers.

Great at keeping the message, but why even invite the press?
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

He was dodging around all sorts of questions up there.

"Do you think the criticism that you don't admit mistakes is fair?" was eventually answered as "Well, Saddam is bad"

"Why are you and Cheney insisting on appearing before the 9/11 commission together, not seperately like was requested?"
        "We want to answer all their questions"
        "But why together?"
        "We want to answer all their questions"

TURKEY FARMS
        Titans, GO!

Comment

He really is an awful speaker. I just couldn't stop cringing.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

The idiot couldn't once admit that he was wrong, even when he was thrown a softball (is there any mistake you've made, Mr President?).

When you get a question like that you find some mistake that is forgiveable, then you don't look like a sanctimonious jackass. But of course, Bush would rather look like a sanctimonious jackass.

Bringing up WMDs and insisting (again, even though he knows it's not true) that Saddam was an ally of Al Qaeda just made him look like a doofus. Saddam hated Al Qaeda, and they him. OBL never lost an opportunity to take a shot at him.

He got hammered on CBC Newsworld by Henry Champ, who is usually rather moderate. I guess he'll get an easier time from US networks.

Still, it could have been a lot worse for him.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

I don't think those reporters were unreasonable at all, I think they finally asked the tough questions that needed to be asked. There is a lot going on, I think it is entirely appropriate for the public to ask him what is going on.

He didn't give any answers at all.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                People who like Bush will think he did well, people who hate Bush will think he did badly. Wow, so much gained.

He certainly has been evasive to some of the questions. I like the time one CNN reporter basically said: a criticism of your admin. is that whatever happens, you never admit mistakes-is that a valid accusation?

Bush's answer in so many words? Our Iraq policy was justified.

IN fact, Bush had 2 answer today to all questions:

1. OUr Iraq policy was justified-stay the course
                2. No one could have seen 9/11 coming but those problems are gone now.

The question didn;t matter, you got one of those two answers.

Great at keeping the message, but why even invite the press?
                Very true. He dodged many questions. If he had at least said "Yes I've made mistakes, I'm human and therefore I make mistakes" I could at least respect that.
                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Well, we knew what we were getting. Has the same cringe factor as his father.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

GOD DAMMIT 24 WASN'T ON TONIGHT BECAUSE OF THIS BULL****!!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Agathon, shut up. Your criticism is not useful and is nothing more then ad hominems. I mean give it a damn rest... what the **** would you do? Let terrorists in this country? Doing nothing?
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                        Agathon, shut up. Your criticism is not useful and is nothing more then ad hominems. I mean give it a damn rest... what the **** would you do? Let terrorists in this country? Doing nothing?
                        Agathon, DanS, Tass, BC....

This is being universally panned, Fez
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Agathon, DanS, Tass, BC....

This is being universally panned, Fez
                          Agathon? Tass? Yeah very uncredible people who have terrible opinions... moving along..

And this is what DanS said:

"But he also seemed sincere and resolute."
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                            Do you find that people tend to point and laugh at you?
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Do you find that people tend to point and laugh at you?
                              Or at laugh at you because of your utterly ridiculous political views?

Comment

I can't understand why Bush did this. His internal polling must be really dire to force him to take such a risk. Karl Rove may be amoral and despicable but he's not stupid. What gives?
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X