No announcement yet.

Bush speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's truly amazing that he got himself elected.
    I've heard from sources that I respect that he's an engaging guy with good political judgment. I guess that's how he got elected to the Texas governorship two times, the presidency once and looks reasonably good to get a second term, despite the circumstances.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Everybody knows that President Bush is not a good orator. But what is more important substance or style? Sure Clinton had style but the substance really sucked!
      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Bush's style AND substance suck.

I couldn't listen to Clinton - the mere sound of his oily voice made my stomach turn.

I cannot listen to Bush - the horribly s-l-o-w speech, the forced "sincerity," and the incredible stupidity... it's too much.

Man, do we need a good leader for a change.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'm willing to cut this guy a ton of slack. I realize that any politician is the last person on earth to admit mistakes.

But the thing that REALLY bugged me was his response to the question of what kind of government was going to be in place after June 30, which literally was "We'll find that out". Here is a subtle suggestion:

IF YOU DON'T ****ING KNOW YOU BETTER ****ING ASK SOMEBODY!!

Hello, McFly! They're less than 3 months away from turning over sovereignty, and they can't tell anybody what exactly is supposed to happen ?!
          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

That's the whole thing about "democracy" they don't know who's going to win, any more than people know who's going to win the US elections.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
              That's the whole thing about "democracy" they don't know who's going to win, any more than people know who's going to win the US elections.
              NO, there are not going to be any elections in Iraq until next January-this government will be a caretaker that will write up a constitution, then in january there will be a referendum on the constitution, and if it is approved, by mid 2005 there will be election for a new govenrment.

It's nice to know we have such a nice timeline set up-though we know nothing more than the timeline it seems.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well, whoever wins the US election will determine what government they get in Iraq...

*ahem*
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

The same Brits who criticise Blair for being full of spin (ie, presentation) now criticise Bush for not being.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

It was remarkable, he didn't answer a single one of the questions. My favorite moment:

Q Mr. President, why are you and the Vice President insisting on appearing together before the 9/11 Commission? And, Mr. President, who will you be handing the Iraqi government over to on June 30th?

THE PRESIDENT: We will find that out soon. That's what Mr. Brahimi is doing; he's figuring out the nature of the entity we'll be handing sovereignty over. And, secondly, because the 9/11 Commission wants to ask us questions, that's why we're meeting. And I look forward to meeting with them and answering their questions.

Q I was asking why you're appearing together, rather than separately, which was their request.

THE PRESIDENT: Because it's a good chance for both of us to answer questions that the 9/11 Commission is looking forward to asking us, and I'm looking forward to answering them.
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

• Yeah, that was a doozy....
                      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• He can't possibly be such an idiot, can he?

Comment

• Yep.

I notice the TV media have been quiet about this today. I was hoping some would put the boot in.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• The Today Show replayed a few uncomfortable moments.
                            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Does it matter? I care not that much what people say, but mainly what they do.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Jimmy Kimmel made fun of him last night. I'm going to make a point of watching the Daily Show tonight.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X