No announcement yet.

Best original TV theme ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockford Files (w the answering machine message)
    Mission Impossible
    Wild Wild West

Beverly Hillbillies
    Green Acres
    Gilligan's Island
    Get Smart
    Addams Family
    I Dream of Jennie

Twilight Zone

Prisoner

All these perfectly establish the tone of the series. I think I've also established my age.

Comment

• Originally posted by shmily_dana
      I think I've also established my age.
      With clarity.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Cowboy bebop
        Farscape
        B5
        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• knight ryder opening theme is so sexy. david haselhoff is the man.

and mcguyver = can make bombs out of ur jizz + used condom + some leftover cupcake. damn.

totally unrelated to opening theme, but i just wanted to share that.

too sexy.
          :-p

Comment

• Murder One or maybe The Tripods.
            "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

• on a somwwhat related note, see my new sig for why mac > all

Comment

• I'd say that Fmily Guy, Rugrats, are adequate
                but he bestest ever is the old schol rap song that Aqua Teen Hunger Force has! FLCL has nice music in general too.
                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• my name is!

shake zula the mike rula, the old schoola!~

Comment

• You wanna trip, I'll bring it to ya!
                    Frylock and I'm on the block~

Comment

• Although I'm almost obliged to say I agree, for lyrics you can't beat Red Dwarf.
                      That show was sooo damn funny! I loved hte episode with the tlakie toaster. "Would you liek a crumpet?"
                      And the one where they fight the war on the planet that is a wax museum! Such fine comedy, we are truly deprived in the states.

Comment

• A few candidates, off the top of my head:

Rockford Files
                        Battlestar Galactica
                        Maverick
                        Greatest American Hero (yeah, I know it was sappy, but I liked it)
                        Eight is Enough (not the godawful song, but the bouncy instrumental they had originally)
                        Dallas
                        "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

• Probably my most favorite is the theme from Mission Impossible by Lazlo Shiffrin.

Honorable mentions:

Wild Wild West
                          Hawaii Five-O
                          Daktari
                          Batman
                          Johnny Quest
                          Super Chicken
                          George of the Jungle
                          Rockford Files
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Hawaii Five -O and George of the Jungle are good
                            I liek I dream of Jeannie
                            and Dick Van ****
                            Get Smart is teh w00t! too!
                            Teenage Mutnat Ninja Turtles
                            G.I Joe
                            NBC Nightly News w/ Tom Brokaw
                            welcome back kotter
                            i love lucy
                            Seinfeld(no real song, just a basic bassline hting htta gets repeated)
                            Mad About You(mediocre show, i liked the song most of all)

some of the worst are conan o'brien
                            jay leno
                            cheers
                            different strokes
                            brady buch(evrything about that show was complete and udder crap)
                            Friends

Comment

• if anything i could say this cab is rare,
                              so I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo homes, to Bel Air!"

"I pulled up to the house around 7 or 8er
                              and I yelled to the cabbie, yo hommes, smell ya later,
                              I looked at my kingdom I was finally there,
                              ready to sit on my throne, as the prince of bel air."
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• From my early childhood I vividly recall the anticipation and fear that the opening bars of the B.B.C. Radiophonic Workshop's tune for 'Dr. Who' would produce. The people in that outfit were geniuses at manipulating sound.

I also loved 'The Prisoner' and 'The Avengers', and the soundtrack to a series about a down at heel British private eye called 'Public Eye'. The Roger Moore 'The Saint' was great too.

'U.F.O.' and 'Captain Scarlet' both had memorable theme tunes too (Siouxsie and the Banshees covered the latter on their demo tape) but 'Stingray' and 'Fireball XL5' were even better. As a passing nod to Laz's mention of 'Black Beauty' (banned in apartheid South Africa) I'll mention 'Follyfoot' .

Of American shows I grooved to 'Hawaii 5-0', 'Hill Street Blues' and the 'X-Files', but the composer for the soundtracks of 'Boston Public' and 'Six Feet Under' lnows his beans too.

'The Addams Family' was a delight, as were less well known British ones such as 'The Children of the Stones' 'Time Slip' and the Tomorrow People' .
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X