X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    Hawaii Five-0
    plus one.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom
      From my early childhood I vividly recall the anticipation and fear that the opening bars of the B.B.C. Radiophonic Workshop's tune for 'Dr. Who' would produce. The people in that outfit were geniuses at manipulating sound.
      Was that the theme from the William Hartnell (Doctor #1) days?

Originally posted by molly bloom
      'U.F.O.' and 'Captain Scarlet' both had memorable theme tunes too
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

Was that the theme from the William Hartnell (Doctor #1) days?

Oh, yes indeedy. I would hide behind the sofa, peeping through my fingers at Martian Ice Warriors, Daleks and Yetis and Cybermen.

And I almost forgot- 'The Persuaders'- what a corker of a theme tune.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Oh, yes indeedy. I would hide behind the sofa, peeping through my fingers at Martian Ice Warriors, Daleks and Yetis and Cybermen.
          I loved the show and watched every episode. However, being raised on American TV I thought it had an extremely low budget and cheesy costumes. Great writing though!
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

I loved the show and watched every episode. However, being raised on American TV I thought it had an extremely low budget and cheesy costumes. Great writing though!
            Having talked to my nieces and nephews, this is the reason they liked Doctor Who too- the plots and the writing still hooked them, even if the Sixties and Seventies fashion looked mondo bizarro to them, and rocks seemed suspiciously polystyrene. Still as the Matrix sequels proved, you can throw bag loads of money at something, but if the writing and the plots are poop juice, it will still smell like poop juice in the morning.

British children's serials (such as 'The Feathered Serpent' and 'Children of the Stones') had much lower budgets than American programmes, but an overall lower cheese content.

I must mention a French import that I love dwhen I was little- 'The Flashing Sword' set during the Thirty Years' War' with a stirring heroic theme tune.

Oh, and 'The White Horses'/'Belle and Sebastian' and the German(?) version of 'Robinson Crusoe' which was in black and white, but had a beautifully melancholy opening sequence of waves breaking on a beach and a delightful soundtrack.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I must mention a French import that I love dwhen I was little- 'The Flashing Sword' set during the Thirty Years' War' with a stirring heroic theme tune.
              Sounds interesting. We don't get alot of imports though. The only french one I can think of is a children's cartoon - Madeline. My youngest son likes an Aussie import - The Wiggles.

Comment

"...as long as we have done our best, then no-one can do more/
                and live and love and happiness/are well worth fighting for."

Now there's a lyric that hasn't popped into my head for a good 25 years or so.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Materia Primoris by Mark Snow, the number one TV series composer .
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

"...as long as we have done our best, then no-one can do more/
                    and live and love and happiness/are well worth fighting for."

Now there's a lyric that hasn't popped into my head for a good 25 years or so.
                    Take a stroll down the boulevard of broken dreams with t.v. cream's soundtracks' section :

I bought a 3 c.d. boxed set of theme tunes some years ago from Reckless Records in Soho, which had a lot of Ron Grainger tunes (Maigret, and so forth) and some more B.B.C. Radiophonic Workshop tunes, and some of the lovely theme tunes from 'White Horses' and 'Tales of the Unexpected' an dso on.

Comment

• Spiderman, the old cartoon version.

How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website
                      "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                      —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

• Originally posted by MosesPresley
                        Spiderman, the old cartoon version.
                        The one in the 60's? Loved that too.

If you remember that then you may remember Rocket Robin Hood. I believe it was done by the same people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuie
                          Hawaii 5-0. None better.
                          Agreed.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Some other good ones:

The Twilight Zone
                            X-Files
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Vince278, I don't think I remember that one, but I'm sure I must have seen it since I was glued to the TV every Saturday morning during the late 60's.

I am looking for a download of the theme song for Rocket Robin Hood, but no luck so far.

"Branded" was another pretty good theme, that is still stuck in my head. I'm pretty sure no one has mentioned that one yet.
                              "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                              —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

• GI Joe
                                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X