Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    And why not do the same with drugs?
    Drug use is not a victimless crime. Drug users commit all kinds of crimes, especially against members of their own families.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Frankly... it's against my personal beliefs as well... and is not something I would consider... but that doesn't mean I'm going to cram my beliefs down other peoples throats. I have many gay friends, and it sickens me that they get treated like they do. It's their lives... and they deserve the same happiness any other couple has. And I will fight for their right to have it. If there is a god... and he/she feels it's wrong or a sin... he can judge. It's not my place to judge... and neither is it yours.

My religious beliefs do not approve of homosexuality, but neither do they approve or condone the blind hatred and sometimes violence some so-called 'Christians' have for homosexuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verto
        My religious beliefs do not approve of homosexuality, but neither do they approve or condone the blind hatred and sometimes violence some so-called 'Christians' have for homosexuals.

I'm a non practicing Catholic because I could no longer put up with the crap coming from supposedly "christian" people... I can believe in god and follow the teachings and live my life the way I think I should without having to support an organization that I believe doesn't truely understand their own religion anymore.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

AIDS anyone?

Easier transmission of AIDS.

What a blatantly, bigoted, distorted, ignorant, nonsensical statement.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

Frankly... it's against my personal beliefs as well... and is not something I would consider... but that doesn't mean I'm going to cram my beliefs down other peoples throats. I have many gay friends, and it sickens me that they get treated like they do. It's their lives... and they deserve the same happiness any other couple has. And I will fight for their right to have it. If there is a god... and he/she feels it's wrong or a sin... he can judge. It's not my place to judge... and neither is it yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

What a blatantly, bigoted, distorted, ignorant, nonsensical statement.
              MrFun, have you heard?

There is a greater incidence of Sudden Cot Death Syndrome amongst babies than there is amongst us homos.

Clearly, god has it in for babies.

And in breaking news, Spanish influenza was god's punishment for not having electric heated windows in cars, and the Black Death of the 14th Century was god's punishment for tacky period costume and poor drains.

You knew it had to be only a matter of time before Obi Gyn climbed up on the misinformation bandwagon, and started coming out with A.I.D.S. = HOMOS.

Entirely omitting lesbians, of course, but whaddaya expect?
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• If it is a case of 'compelling public interest', why is smoking pot illegal? Smoking pot clearly does no-one any harm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogan Josh
                  If it is a case of 'compelling public interest', why is smoking pot illegal? Smoking pot clearly does no-one any harm.
                  The illegality of pot smoking is under question in some states precisely because their legislatures and constituents agree with the argument that pot causes no-one any harm. Why use one extremely questionable law (banning pot) as a basis for supporting another extremely questionable law (banning homosexuality)? Do you wish to argue that homosexuality should be banned regardless of whether it is in the public interest to do so?
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• There is a greater incidence of Sudden Cot Death Syndrome amongst babies than there is amongst us homos.

What kind of monster lets a baby sleep in a cot? You homos are never going to be able to adopt children if you don't even know that babies should be put into a crib...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogan Josh
                      If it is a case of 'compelling public interest', why is smoking pot illegal? Smoking pot clearly does no-one any harm.
                      First, the laws against MJ are pretty clearly the result of decades-long smear campaigning by certain law makers who thought the stuff was dangerous. Turns out that damn near all the stuff they told the public about it is false. As people realize this, I suspect there will be more and more support for changing the law.

Second, there are potential ill effects of Pot that go beyond the person using it. #1 - driving stoned. Just like driving drunk, you are impaired. Trouble is, AFAIK, drug testing for pot will give a positive result whether you smoked that same day, or two weeks prior. This makes enforcement of traffic safety difficult because there is no (AFAIK) pot equivalent of a breathalizer.
                      #2 - second hand smoke. Same issue as with cigs, the smoke is carginogenic, and therefore poses a health risk, so others shouldn't have to breath it. That's not a big deal - same laws applied to smoking cigs can be applied here, or one could simply eat the stuff and avoid the smoke altogether (better on the lungs).

Anyway, I see that Ben is up to his usual tricks (bring out HIV transmission REALLY showed your true colors, young jedi) and others have handily smacked down his "arguments." And, of course, it changes nothing.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom

MrFun, have you heard?

There is a greater incidence of Sudden Cot Death Syndrome amongst babies than there is amongst us homos.

Clearly, god has it in for babies.

And in breaking news, Spanish influenza was god's punishment for not having electric heated windows in cars, and the Black Death of the 14th Century was god's punishment for tacky period costume and poor drains.

You knew it had to be only a matter of time before Obi Gyn climbed up on the misinformation bandwagon, and started coming out with A.I.D.S. = HOMOS.

Entirely omitting lesbians, of course, but whaddaya expect?
                        Wow -- you're absolutely right!

Show me where I can go to the nearest place to convert to heterosexuality!

Comment

• Are people actually defending what the article in question is talking about?!

Comment

• This is the forum for devil's advocates, after all...
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Lower-class whites have a higher risk of poor health in general as a result of eating too much Wonder Bread. So what, Ben? You can't force them to change their diet. If your son is prodigal, let him go. If he's wrong he'll find it out on his own terms in his own time; all past evidence suggests that he ain't about to listen to you.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Again, we already have this Elok.

One can be homosexual without being arrested.

I don't see why we ought to endorse the behaviour through marriage.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X