Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I join a political party in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I join a political party in Canada?

I need to join the Conservatives and cast my vote against Stephen Harper.

I have a few questions.

1) Does it cost anything?
    2) Can I sue them if they send me spam mail?
    3) How do I do it?
    4) When do I vote?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Why do you want to vote against Harper, and who would you vote for? Why?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Erm. Why would a gay male vote for Harper?

I would vote for milady.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Asher:

If you want to associate with a political party in Canada, there is no point joining, it's far easier just to receive underhand payments from one.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

I want to vote on the leader.

Comment

All that Stronach woman has going for her is that from the neck down she looks like she'd be useful in the sack.

Unfortunately, she doesn't have any brains.

It doesn't matter anyway, the fundamental truth of Canadian politics is that the Liberals win. Even if they are on a par with the mafia.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

You'd think a techie would know how to use google, wouldn't you?

Important note: The deadline to procure a membership in time to vote in the Leadership has passed. If you sign up now, you will not be eligible for a ballot.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

You can register via the membership form on their site and yes, it does cost money: $10 per year.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Actually I can't access any sites other than Counterglow and Apolyton right now. My router is ****ing with me and will only allow me to connect to the first two sites I try. I have to keep rebooting it to permit more.

And damnit, I don't want Harper as leader! LET ME VOTE! Fascism, communism, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    Erm. Why would a gay male vote for Harper?

I would vote for milady.
                    Didn't he kick a troglodyte out of caucus recently?

I like Belinda, unfortunately she is not fluently bilingual and she is a political neophyte. I don't think she is the one to form the focal point for a credible alternative to the Liberals.

I am rethinking my views on Harper. I think he'll bomb in the Maritimes, but I don't see a lot of viable alternatives as leader. He seems to want to minimise religious ideology in the politics of the Conservative Party.

Also, the biggest issue to face any parliament in the near future is going to be parliamentary and civil service reform, within the bounds of the current constitution. Harper has been around so he at least has a clue about how Ottawa really works. The other 2 are completely lacking in this regard. Do we want the opposition, or God forbid the government, the be led by a rookie when these important issues are considered?
                    Last edited by notyoueither; March 5, 2004, 03:13.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If you want gay rights, vote NDP.
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                        All that Stronach woman has going for her is that from the neck down she looks like she'd be useful in the sack.

Unfortunately, she doesn't have any brains.

It doesn't matter anyway, the fundamental truth of Canadian politics is that the Liberals win. Even if they are on a par with the mafia.
                        - Serves on the Ontario Task Force on Productivity, Competitiveness and Economic Progress
                        - Founding member of the Canadian Automotive Partnerships Council
                        - Director of the Yves Landry Technological Endowment Fund
                        - Member of the Dean's Council at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, and the Dean's Advisory Council at the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
                        - In February 2003, Stronach joined the Board of Directors of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
                        - Awarded an Honorary Doctor of Law degree in 2003 from the Michael G. DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University.

- In 2001, the National Post named Stronach the most powerful businesswoman in Canada
                        - In 2002, Fortune magazine ranked Stronach as #2 in their list of the world's most powerful women in business
                        - Also named to Canada's "Top 40 at 40" in 2002
                        - The World Economic Forum has named Belinda as one of 80 "Global Leaders of Tomorrow."

No brains, eh? You should be thankful if you ever come close to exhibiting cerebral functions a fraction of what she has. Judging by past performances, I'd say you'll have a long ways to go.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Yeah, and wasn't she helped by daddy?

The financial elite is surprisingly dumb. Besides moving factories to Mexico and bribing politicians to change union laws, they don't have much talent.
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I need to join the Conservatives and cast my vote against Stephen Harper.

I have a few questions.

1) Does it cost anything?
                            2) Can I sue them if they send me spam mail?
                            3) How do I do it?
                            4) When do I vote?
                            As the resident member of the Conservative party,

1. 10$ from your own resources.
                            2. They don't spam.
                            3. You can go to their website, just google Conservative Party of Canada
                            4. To vote you must be a registered member of the party at least 21 days in advance of the vote.

Considering that the leadership vote is on March 21st,

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Actually, rich daddys normally give trust funds to marginal children. They do not give them the reigns of the company they built from scratch.

The fact that she got the reigns of the business and not her brother should say a lot to most anyone.

I wish she had spent more time learning French. If she had, she'd be eating the political landscape, and any hope the NDs ever thought they had in some fevered wet moment, for breakfast.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X