No announcement yet.

What do you think is the baddest ass piece of military hardware? II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The koncerz is a pretty nasty piece of work. Nothing like being skewered with a 1.6m sword...
    Attached Files
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Well, when you line up how the Western Allies treated Occupation, and how the Nazis (and NKVD) treated the Soviets...who do you think the locals are going to prefer?

Remember, between 500k and a million Soviets voluntered to serve with the German army. On the Western front we snagged thousands of Russians serving in German units, whom we had to send to certain death cause otherwise Stalin wouldn't return POWs liberated from Camps out east.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

Why not?
        Because you said that CSA army could have beat those yolkels easily.
        So? Your logistics were still in shambles (relative to the western allies), and we had as many people on the ground as the Red Army did. Not to mention, when we did push into Eastern Europe and the SSSR, we souldn't go around killing people for sh*ts and giggles, which might make the instances of partisan warfare go down. (assume we don't say "F--k it" and toast Moscow)
        1) Our logistics weren't in shambles.
        2) You had much longer supply route.
        3) You didn't have as many people in the Europe in 1945 as Soviet Army had. Numbers were 3:1 in our favour, iirc.
        4) The partisan warfare would not started in SU (you would never reach it btw,), but in Europe itself. Commies were quite popular in Europe after the war. For example, one of French ministers who was a commie, perhaps defense minister, not really sure and don't remember his name, said if Allies dow Soviets, then we'll fight against Allies.
        Because we were the ones who smashed the Luftwaffe, not you, and we were the ones with the better planes and pilots (Except for that damn "Stormcrow"...damn flying tanks)
        1) You smashed Luftwaffe?
        2) As for planes and pilots superiority, you had a chance to test Soviet pilots in Korean war.
        3) This "Stormcrow" is IL-2 "Shturmovik"
        Except now the mainland is secure, and we have, oh, ports and a free line across the North Atlantic.
        You would be thrown to ocean within few months.

Which we could counter with numbers, and blast apart with our air superiority.
        1) Soviets produced more tanks then USA.
        2)Keep dreaming about air superiority
        Plus, then you'd run outta oil
        Why is that?
        We weren't in shortage of oil, but we could capture Persia, Iraq and Suez to make life a bit spicy for you and Brits.
        Last edited by Serb; January 11, 2004, 02:46.

Comment

Well, when you line up how the Western Allies treated Occupation, and how the Nazis (and NKVD) treated the Soviets...who do you think the locals are going to prefer?

Remember, between 500k and a million Soviets voluntered to serve with the German army. On the Western front we snagged thousands of Russians serving in German units, whom we had to send to certain death cause otherwise Stalin wouldn't return POWs liberated from Camps out east.
          This number is pure bullsh!t. Can you name me a single such unit and where it fought? I'm sure you can't.
          Last edited by Serb; January 11, 2004, 02:49.

Comment

Yes, but also remember the Ukrainians and other USSR-occupied people welcomed the nazis... for a short while. A great many Soviet civilians understood very quickly the nazis weren't about liberating them at all. I don't think they would be trusting another "liberator" unless a real PR effort was made by the troops.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

True, but the 3ID, say, didn't roll into Hamburg and line up 30,000 locals and shoot them and dump them in trenches, say.

We didn't go out of our way to antagonize the locals, the Nazis did.
              Of course, of course, you prefered to burn them during fire-bombings. Why to waste so many bullets?

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                A fusion bomb, preferably in the 20+ megaton range.
                Tsk, peasant.

Apocalypse knights. I win
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Serb

This number is pure bullsh!t.
                  I wouls also question the magnitude of the number- Vlasov's army was about 50k men at it's height. cetrainly lots of Soviet Citizens decided to fight vs. the Stalin regime, though even 500k sounds extremely high. And spiff said, many were Ukranians and "White Russians" (Belorussians), and certainly Balts.

In the Ukraine you got a three way war between the Naizs, the Soviets, and Ukranians natiolaist bands...very nasty.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Tsk, peasant.

Apocalypse knights. I win
                    Sorry, REAL weapons only.no maigc swords, or whatever Apocalypse knights are...

nice to see they fixed that smiley.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Vlasov's "army" (I hardly can't see how those 50K volunteered to fight Soviets, because they were POWs) never participated in any battles. 500 000-1000 000 its absolutely ridiculous figure.

Comment

Desert Eagle .50 Action Express with scope. The world most powerful handgun.

Comment

what the hell they put a scope on a pistol for
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Probably to crash shooter's jaw by recoil.

Comment

This is the worls' most powerful handgun.
                              Stechkin's automatic pistol. (Arnie's favorite in "Red Heat")
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
                                This is the worls' most powerful handgun.
                                Stechkin's automatic pistol. (Arnie's favorite in "Red Heat")
                                It depends on what defition you're talking about. With regards to individual stopping power of a single bullet, the Desert Eagle .50 A.E.'s 50mm bullets have far more stopping power with over 5 time the mass of the Stechkin's 9mm bullets.

Comment

Working...
                                X