What do you think is the baddest ass piece of military hardware? II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think is the baddest ass piece of military hardware? II

Please continue. I enjoyed reading the first thread.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Only few seconds passed since thread was closed, nice work Vince
    Originally posted by Lonestar

Buddy, you dropped the hammer on inexperienced, ill-equipped (what with our total control of the sealanes) soldiers with the Rompin' Stompin' Russian Red Ass.
    Inexperienced? They fought vs. Chinese since end of 30's. It's not their fault that they were crushed so easily, because they had no chances to win against the best army in the world, as Soviet Army was in 1945.

The Confederate Army, circa 1863 could have beat those yolkels.
    Why asking Soviets for help then?

I think you guys would be in a much worse situation fighting the western Allies with no outside help then you would have been fighting Germany (and sitting out the mai phase of combat againest Japan) with our help.
    Why? In Europe, in 1945, aside 1941 in Russia, the numbers were 3:1 in our favour (iirc), and we were MUCH experienced and MUCH more prepared than we were in 1941.
    No one. But it is a safe assumption to make.
    Why?
    Well, then we throw in Canada, the Dakotas, peeps in the Sierra Nevada, Maine, etc....we could probaly scrape togather 100 million civilians who live in those areas.
    If you needed 3 years to invade Europe with 2,5 millions or so troops, then I guess it would take another 50 years to re-locate those people to Europe.

More to the point, we could scraped togather several ten thousand Pershing MBTs which, if not exactly the T-34, were more than a match for late model German panzers.
    Good for you, but in 1945 we already had ****loads of JS-3 which remained world's best tank long time after the war.
    Last edited by Serb; January 11, 2004, 08:55.

Comment

Nothing beats good ol' fashioned mustard gas
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

THE STRIKER WARRIORS!!!!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Nothing beats good ol' fashioned mustard gas as it slowly choles the Striker Warriors to a peinful and horrible death
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

The Israeli Hovet anti-aircraft vehicle

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Serb

Why asking Soviets for help then?

Why not?

Why? In Europe, in 1945, aside 1941 in Russia, the numbers were 3:1 in our favour (iirc), and we were MUCH experienced and MUCH more prepared than we were in 1941.

So? Your logistics were still in shambles (relative to the western allies), and we had as many people on the ground as the Red Army did. Not to mention, when we did push into Eastern Europe and the SSSR, we souldn't go around killing people for sh*ts and giggles, which might make the instances of partisan warfare go down. (assume we don't say "F--k it" and toast Moscow)

Why?
                Because we were the ones who smashed the Luftwaffe, not you, and we were the ones with the better planes and pilots (Except for that damn "Stormcrow"...damn flying tanks)

If you needed 3 years to invade Europe with 2,5 millions or so troops, then I guess it would take another 50 years to re-locate those people to Europe.
                Except now the mainland is secure, and we have, oh, ports and a free line across the North Atlantic.

Good for you, but in 1945 we already had ****loads of JS-3 which remained world's best tank long time after the war.
                Which we could counter with numbers, and blast apart with our air superiority. Plus, then you'd run outta oil.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

SS-18 "Satan"

BOOMx10
                  Attached Files

Comment

A fusion bomb, preferably in the 20+ megaton range.

I win.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The other greatest military hardware.

The Glamdring, wielded by Gandalf the Gray, known to the elves as Mithrandir and to the Dwarves Tharkun.

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Not to mention, when we did push into Eastern Europe and the SSSR, we souldn't go around killing people for sh*ts and giggles, which might make the instances of partisan warfare go down. (assume we don't say "F--k it" and toast Moscow)
                        Errr, it is a mistkae to think the USUK were nice when they were conquering enemy territory back in the day. A short visit in any German city that was important at the time shows that the USUK didn't hesitate at killing throngs of Civilians to reach their military objectives.

Comment

Oh god, not another stupid early cold war discussion.

My two cents- the Soviets could have pushed the UK and US way back on land in Europe, but with huge losses, and our course could not win the war ude to the US nuclean monopoly and wesnetr control of the sea- thoguh they would not have an issue with oil given that they oculd take Iran and they had their own internal sources that were more than sufficient.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Errr, it is a mistkae to think the USUK were nice when they were conquering enemy territory back in the day. A short visit in any German city that was important at the time shows that the USUK didn't hesitate at killing throngs of Civilians to reach their military objectives.
                            True, but the 3ID, say, didn't roll into Hamburg and line up 30,000 locals and shoot them and dump them in trenches, say.

We didn't go out of our way to antagonize the locals, the Nazis did.

Comment

We didn't go out of our way to antagonize the locals, the Nazis did.
                              Sure, but, you know, you can antagonize the locals even when not doing it on purpose.

Comment

Working...
                              X