No announcement yet.

Ten Commandments 2003: How did we do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At any rate, aren't those 10 Commandments wrong? I mean, in Ex. 34. God presents Moses with a different set of Commandments in place of the first tablets, which were smashed. The new 10 read:

1. For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God

2. Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.

3. The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep.

4. All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.

5. Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.

6. And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.

7. Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the LORD God, the God of Israel.

8. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.

9. The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.

10. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

How are we all doing on those?
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I guess I'm pretty good at not stealing things, I can't remember a time where I did that

And I'm pretty sure I didn't murder anybody either

Hey, whaddya know, TWO out of ten!
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Sava, I will try to answer your questions later.
        HAVE A DAY.
        <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
        "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
        For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

REMEMBER EVERYBODY JESUS LOVES YOU SO MUCH AND HE'LL SAVE YOU FROM BURNING IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY IF YOU JUST JOIN THE ONE TRUE CHURCH THE MORMON CHURCH REMEMBER JESUS IS FORGIVING EVEN IF YOU WERE AN HEATHEN CATHOLIC OR AN UNGODLY (J WORD) JESUS WILL SAVE YOU!!!!
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

7. never been married... THAT'S THREE

Nope... adultery means fornication as well (sex outside of marriage)... at least Biblically .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You shall have no other gods before Me: not a beleiver in the first place.
              You shall not make for yourself any idol: i've got this really really pretty Daemon Prince model i've been lavishing attention on these past few weeks.
              You shall not take the name of God in vain: i've been saying "jesus-tap-f*cking-dancing-christ" alot.
              Remember the Sabbath Day, to keep it holy: again. not a beleiver.
              Honor your father and your mother: this one i've kept.
              You shall not murder: kinda by default.
              You shall not commit adultery: i slept with a technically married woman earlier this year.
              You shall not steal: no. wait. i think i made off with someone's pen last week.
              You shall not lie: and then denied it.
              You shall not covet: ummm... yeah.
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

One person murdered someone. Nice.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

or read the first post and hates someone

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

But at least they didn't lie about it.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

maybe they didnt mean it

Comment

1. For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

10. Thou shalt not covet.

Comment

AND LET'S NOT FORGET THAT JESUS ALWAYS FORGIVES IF YOU ACCEPT HIM INTO YOUR . BUT
                          But if you don't, you'll burn in hell for all eternity.

Doesn’t that make God a terrorist?

By blaming 9/11 on certain groups’ refusal to conform to God’s demands, Falwell and Robertson seem to think so.

Comment

yeah mike's right

Total: 24 voters 100%

=>> 23 ppl didn't kill anyone this year!

schweet!!
                            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by gamenaught

But if you don't, you'll burn in hell for all eternity.

Doesn’t that make God a terrorist?

EVERYONE ITS AN ATHIEST!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVESS!!!!!!!
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

EVERYONE ITS AN ATHIEST!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVESS!!!!!!!
                                The Bible-believers are the atheists since the supernatural being described in the Bible doesn't meet the definition of “god.” How can an entity be God when said entity has such low self esteem that he demands to be praised all the time? Not to mention committing atrocities left and right.

Comment

Working...
                                X