X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done.

Thanks Zop.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I was d/ling games quite often up until lately.

Stealing the games was leaving a deficite in my soul. No more.

Comment

I DL'ed GalCiv... but that's because I bought it over the web

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
          Ummmmm.....did anyone do that?
          Not yet...

But that's a reason I often hear. Saying they think CD's are way too expensive, but then they don't actually bother looking outside the main music store chains, and go download until they drop.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I download many things. I usually end up buying the softwares I really like, after more or less extended "demo" periods.

I download anime, and I have no shame not buying it even when it made it to the shelves. The thing had been broadcasted in Japan already, and I just feel I'm watching the non-live version.

I never buy music. Now, it is exceedingly rare that I listen to music at all
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I only download legitimate demos and freeware. People stick it to me all the time, so I know what it feels like. Just yesterday a woman walked into the clinic, got treated for a "dose" then sneaked past the receptionist without paying.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I used to pirate everything. Now that I have money, I've pretty much stopped stealing new things, but I still have a lot of the stolen programs. Since I have the ability to pay for new stuff, I feel that I should.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The diff, DrS, is that you actually lose something, medicines and time, whereas DLing a copy of somehting costs the makers nothing, unless you were going to buy the program and decided to steal it instead.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Nope. I don't pirate software at all.

I do download software, in most cases it's freeware or demos and I try quite a bit of shareware (and I end up paying for quite a bit of it).
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

It's been sort of "half and half" the last few years....
                      DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                        Paris Hilton:
                        Originally posted by Azazel
                        Yeah, I think she's hot, too.
                        I think she's an anorexic toff that I wish would go away and stop clogging up the pages of FHM, personally
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I love my moral high ground. I would not dream of toppling from it by downloading anything illegally. It's just one of the ways I try to avoid hypocrisy.
                          Lime roots and treachery!
                          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I do the same as Uber. Sure, I want to support good games companies, but by the same token I don't want to support bad games companies that happened to have good marketting or whatever. How can you know a game is good without actually playing it?
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I always buy games.

I'd always buy software too if the prices were less ludicrous. Have you seen what the academic version of Photoshop goes for?

I never buy music.

I sometimes buy DVDs, but only after I've downloaded a copy.

I do download books, but only for the purposes of finding passages rather than reading.
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

How do you know any product is really good before you buy it and try it

Why should software be any different... oh that's right, because you can steal it easier than you can other traditional products... But it doesn't change the fact that it's still theft.
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X