No announcement yet.

True Faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With pastor, they speak for the church, though they really speak for themselves true, and I know pastors makes lots of mistakes.
    Same with doctors. They can make mistakes but less often than someone without a medical degree. If you have a bad doctor, you try to find another, the same with a pastor. One rotten apple should not spoil the whole bunch.

You don't believe the pastors speak for the church? Your pastor must have made some serious errors.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Sure, but pastors are dealing with spiritual issues. Doctors with physical issues, which have been proved and worked for, and there are usually in most cases procedures that have been shown to be the right procedures to go with. So they have less area to interpret.. it's more science.

And about doctors, you can always get second opinions, and you see the results pretty soon if they worked or not.

Here, sure you can get second and as many opinions as you want from pastors, but then again you don't know if they were right until you've done something and see how it worked out, or after you die. And when the issue is very serious.. I don't feel secure enough to trust humans .
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Here, sure you can get second and as many opinions as you want from pastors, but then again you don't know if they were right until you've done something and see how it worked out, or after you die.
        It's experience. Chances are most pastors have dealt with this on a regular basis and will at least be able to lead you in the right direction. While you are right that there exist less 'scientific' evidence as in the case of a doctor, they will certainly make fewer mistakes than you or I.

It doesn't take many times to see whether a pastor will help you or not. It's like a doctor. You don't really know if he has given you the correct prescription until you take the dosage and start to feel better. The same can be said for a good pastor.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Like moths to a flame.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

You have to see the light in the shade of the morning sun.

Comment

Working...
            X